Author Topic: Last Ride of the Year  (Read 7269 times)

hertzdonut

• View Profile
Re: Last Ride of the Year
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2018, 02:18:09 PM »
Sunny and 47 in west central Illinois. Have cared for the Hertz since 1987 and gave 1st ride to my brother and
sister-in-law this Christmas morning. All is well!

Terry

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 10:44:05 PM »
Listening to sound of an American V8 rumblingdown the road is a great way to end a year
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 09:59:27 PM »
The weather looks really sucky but we can all still meet and BS about how the years been ( Phil can tell us tales about the GT350 Tour, I can talk about MCACN, Cory about the show in Ridgley.) Anyone else is welcome to show up
South County Café in Deale Maryland at 12 Noon
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 05:14:58 PM »
Took the car out today as tomorrow looks increasingly rotten. I still plan on meeting with enthusiasm and passion, just probably without the car. But I did get mud on the tires, so it made me think I drove it more. We have had a record amount of rain this year, rumor says its double what Seattle got.
Looking forward to seeing folks tomorrow, bring pictures, tell stories, that's the most important part. Shelby's, Mustangs, Cougars, any story involving 2018

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 11:35:25 PM »
My traditional Dec 31 ride for the last 35+ years has been to leave downtown LA, blast up the Pasadena Freeway, Exit at Orange Grove and go north past the Valley Hunt Club and Wriggly Mansion, turn right on Colorado and finally get on the 210 Freeway a few miles down the road. This has always provided the most amusing trip of the year seeing all the wackos camped out on the curb waiting for the parade to go by.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 12:16:00 PM »
My traditional Dec 31 ride for the last 35+ years has been to leave downtown LA, blast up the Pasadena Freeway, Exit at Orange Grove and go north past the Valley Hunt Club and Wriggly Mansion, turn right on Colorado and finally get on the 210 Freeway a few miles down the road. This has always provided the most amusing trip of the year seeing all the wackos camped out on the curb waiting for the parade to go by.
.   I will be there too(Black /gold 67 gt500)...It is quite the show....

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 02:15:58 PM »
Well I decided what the Hell, its only rain, so I'll drive it anyway.
Thanks to Phil, Deb, Cory, Lauren, my wife and me for a good afternoon
Remember into all life a little rain may fall, by with good people come good times, Happy 2019 may it be a little drier than 2018

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 02:24:10 PM »
 ;D  Thanks for the paper work / 

great to meet some new faces from the forum . Cory and Laura
 !
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:23:27 PM by gt350shelb »
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 02:28:05 PM »
you were almost the recipient of genuine Bert Spriggs Lincoln/Mercury Technician Shirt circa 1970's Dealer Number 170001 (oldest single point Lincoln/Mercury Dealer in the World until it closed)

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »
It was a great time and really nice meeting Phil and Deb.  Just a little clarification my wife is Laura as I am sure we will all be getting together in the future.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2018, 03:02:44 PM »
Sorry, my Wife said it was Lauren, just for that mistake she'll have to clean the car tomorrow  ;D

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 02:51:28 PM »
After 4 days of sitting in the driveway, it’s finally dried up enough to get the car across the yard to its home in the trailer. The rain has been relentless this year and has caused a lot of shows and cruises to cancel. So the car is stored away with mud all over the tires and it needs a serious cleaning both inside and out. Probably won’t take it out again until late March. Did take it out for a short 5 miles run to put some gas in it on Jan 1st 2019
Hopefully 2019 will be better year for driving
Happy New Year

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 06:41:16 PM »
^^
I took out the 67 RS/SS for gas and a New Years Day brunch ,..ditto
Taking out a different t 67 tomorrow

Maybe pics.......

New BiggieMobile.......
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

hertzdonut

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 07:23:58 PM »
Stupid January weather in the 50's this weekend. Going out for a drive.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 09:19:29 PM »
At least its not snow and ice, but the guy who lives next store is building boat and has been collecting animals
It's supposed to rain this weekend again and next week.  :'(