News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Hmmm...

Started by Coralsnake, November 26, 2018, 06:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Quote from: silverton_ford on November 28, 2018, 10:03:56 AM
Add this one in there too.   Hmmmm.....    https://www.ebay.com/itm/153280461447?ul_noapp=true

Wow, that is surprising.  I've got two which are in just as good of condition if anyone is interested?  Each has a different diameter on the bottom.  But seriously, everyone should recognize this from the Shelby aftermarket catalog. I love trying to find items from it.  It's getting harder and harder each year, but no way is a shift knob worth that!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

Do you have a picture of the knob in question in a vintage catalog?

BGlover67

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 29, 2018, 08:15:56 AM
Do you have a picture of the knob in question in a vintage catalog?

Sure Pete, obviously I'm only talking about the walnut shift knob that's in the plexiglass display box.
This is from the same 'Michigan catalog'.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Coralsnake

Excellent! Gold star for the day!

roddster

I've been admiring those wood automatic trans shift levers for some time.  The ones with the little Snake in the wood. Anyone know of a source for a repop one?  I check on Ebay once in a while, but never seem to bounce into one.
  Don't worry, its for my clone.  My real 67 is a 4 speed car.

gt350hr

The T handle is still made by the original manufacturer here in So Cal so they are more like "continuation" parts IMHO they are indistinguishable from earlier production parts. Virginia Classic Mustang is a great source + Branda and others carry them.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

gt350hr

I am waiting for "Original air taken from a '65 blue dot tire $100 per cc". "For the ultimate concours car".

BGlover67

Quote from: gt350hr on November 29, 2018, 10:45:03 AM
  I am waiting for "Original air taken from a '65 blue dot tire $100 per cc". "For the ultimate concours car".

;D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on November 29, 2018, 10:31:18 AM
    The T handle is still made by the original manufacturer here in So Cal so they are more like "continuation" parts IMHO they are indistinguishable from earlier production parts. Virginia Classic Mustang is a great source + Branda and others carry them.
Randy, FYI Branda hasn't carried the wooden shift handle for about 4 years now. They said it is unavailable from the MFG. Virginia Mustang nor any of the other vendors carry it that I am aware of ether. That is why the price for them has gone up on ebay and the like.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

Bob I guess that means it's time to pull the one off of 6S477! It's been on there for 40+ years but there is no reason to keep the right car from having one. I can understand why ACSCO  is making them, Tom doesn't care anymore. Too busy making LED lights for Hyundai and Toyota . Sad indeed.
   Randy

propayne

Just for illustration purposes, here are the original technical drawings.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

BGlover67

Quote from: roddster on November 29, 2018, 10:17:07 AM
  I've been admiring those wood automatic trans shift levers for some time.  The ones with the little Snake in the wood. Anyone know of a source for a repop one?  I check on Ebay once in a while, but never seem to bounce into one.
  Don't worry, its for my clone.  My real 67 is a 4 speed car.

Did you see this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-1968-Shelby-Mustang-GT500KR-Automatic-Shifter-Knob-Handle/233022239146?hash=item36413531aa:g:RiUAAOSwZ1hb~Jo~:rk:2:pf:0
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

gt350hr

OK I'm putting my used original , given to be by the owner of ACSCO , who was PERSONAL friends with CS and is a real 427 Cobra owner  for the "give it away price of  $3, 000 plus shipping . No tire kickers , hallucinations, flippers, pookies . I mean business here!
     Ya'll have a great weekend , I'm of to the Pomona Swap meet for R&R.
        Randy
   Anyone in serious need of the t handle I have is welcome to PM me for an "off air" price  , LOL

David68Obee

Well hi guys. Sorry for stalking you.
This is actually shorter than it looks.
Dave Obee here with the shift knob for sale. Thank you for all your comments all's good.
I have many questions for Pete or any one else if you could help.
Please do help inform me when you done laughing. :)
I'll share a very interesting coincidence.
  Please anyone share their shift knob exactly like mine in its original box and a part number. Or a good clear picture of it in a old over the counter catalog.
Brian please share the pictures of your two.
Help me out here is my unanswered correspondence with Pete. I totally understand he has things to do, so the rest of you might help me?

Thank You Pete.
Do you know the part number of this shift knob? Is it a over the counter Ford Part? Is it an original design for any model? I didn't find this design in my internet search or any like it being for sale or sold. Besides the picture on your website, shift knob pictures or descriptions are hard to find. I did the best internet search I could. I got this after J.R. passed so I did not get to speak with him about it. He was a good friend and customer of mine.
What do you think about the oil pan?
Thank you again David.
Reply:
I love the pan, but I must admit, I dont know a lot about the non production parts. The over the counter the stuff is very cool. I think your knob is in this ad? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-SHELBY-COBRA-VILEM-B-HAAN-SPORTS-CAR-ACCESSORIES-ORIGINAL-2-PG-PRINT-AD/273534141497?hash=item3fafe7c439:g:yt4AAOSwH71XPb6y:sc:USPSFirstClass!53508!US!-1

Interestingly, the cobra knob on the web page i showed you earlier, was probably never used on Shelbys . I suspect it was too late for production or they couldnt get a good supply. But, they are rare, especially with the S8MS box,

Pete
Thank you again Pete.
The picture you sent of the catalog had no discernible detail of a shift knob and barely readable at all. I found the exact pictures on the web with no detail. 
I read the post on SAAC and I could not open the attachment Brian Glover noted in the Michigan catalog. I hope you don't think I'm being argumentative I do appreciate the help. I hope the note in my listing isn't offensive either.
Here is the listing for a KR500 I found where I came up with a price to answer Brian's comment :
" this GT500 KR is simply spectacular throughout. Proper component and product labels and painstakingly reproduced assembly-line paint and inspection markings are found throughout the car. Other impressive details include the extremely rare NOS walnut 4-speed shifter knob with cast "Cobra" motif, which is reported to have a current value of some $2,500 alone! In addition to the aforementioned Elite Marti Report, this KR Convertible is also complete with a copy of the original Shelby dealer invoice, plus the original factory build sheet and an album documenting the car's restoration including rubbings of the"
And yes no pictures on that listing of the shift knob, and yes who "reportedly " estimated the value? 
Do you have a value of the one that belongs in that box? or the value of the one I have ?
I have looked though the catalogs that I could on line and did not find a picture of your silver medallion shift knob either.
I have your email address from you website. Would you rather I send you a note on your web page and we can talk there and quit bothering Ebay?
Thank you again. David Obee

As far as the value this is all I have to go on. Who appraised this one? I don't know, How much is the one on the Coral snake page worth? Anyone?
An old listing. And again as far as the pricing I'm glad I didn't pay 180 for a reserve on the auction. This may be effective if you guys help out.

https://russoandsteele.com/vehicle-details/?show_vehicle=74632&current_index=0&total_results=486&auction_pk=102&=&caryear=&caryearto=&search_text=&page=&showpage=2

Vehicle to be offered for Auction sale January 15th – 19th, 2014 at Russo and Steele's 14th Annual Scottsdale Arizona Auction. Please contact us for more information.
Although Shelby American's 360-horsepower, 428 cubic-inch GT500 was already a formidable performer, a new version was unleashed for 1968 – the provocatively named "King of the Road" or "KR" – powered by Ford's hot new Cobra Jet 428 engine. Suspiciously rated at 335 horsepower to avoid the growing ire of the insurance companies but in fact pumping out at least 400 ponies and 440 foot-pounds of tire-melting torque, the CJ included a 735-cfm Holley carburetor and low-riser 427 heads along with a beefier crank, rods, and pistons. Additionally, the KR had larger brakes, under-hood suspension bracing, and staggered rear shocks to prevent axle wind-up and wheel hop under hard acceleration. A handsome convertible – Shelby's first – was also now available in limited numbers.
According to its accompanying Elite Marti Report, this GT500 KR is one of the 1,571 GT500 KRs built for 1968 and one of just 518 Convertibles produced. A special-order car, this original Highland Green GT500 KR Convertible was equipped with performance options including a rare and highly desirable four-speed Toploader manual transmission and a 3.50:1 Traction-Lok rear-end. Features and options included AM radio, GT Equipment Group, Interior Décor Group, power front disc brakes and steering, Saddle upholstery, Tilt-Away steering wheel, Visibility Group, a white power convertible top with a glass backlight, and shoulder harnesses. Following completion on July 15, 1968 at Ford's Metuchen, New Jersey Assembly Plant, the KR was delivered the next day to Jack Gibbons City Ford Inc. of Watchung, New Jersey for sale to the Shelby's first owner.
According to the current owner, this 1968 Shebly GT500 KR Convertible is believed to be a three-owner car from new. Most recently, an outstanding restoration to showroom condition was performed on the KR. As now offered for sale, this Shelby is truly incredible in its presentation and levels of authenticity, correctness, and detailing throughout the vehicle. From the correct parts, components, and finishes, to the red oxide under-body primer, impeccable chassis and underpinnings, this GT500 KR is simply spectacular throughout. Proper component and product labels and painstakingly reproduced assembly-line paint and inspection markings are found throughout the car. Other impressive details include the extremely rare NOS walnut 4-speed shifter knob with cast "Cobra" motif, which is reported to have a current value of some $2,500 alone! In addition to the aforementioned Elite Marti Report, this KR Convertible is also complete with a copy of the original Shelby dealer invoice, plus the original factory build sheet and an album documenting the car's restoration including rubbings of the Shelby's identification tags prior to restoration. Standing up to the closest scrutiny in every possible respect, this 1968 Shelby GT500 KR Convertible simply "ticks all the boxes" for collector-car excellence with its stunning restoration, presentation, performance, and rarity. As such, it is nothing less than a true "blue chip" collectible automobile that is sure to provide enduring value for its lucky new owner.

As far as the price on the oil pan. in the Sold listings on Ebay. T pan with the VERY common Shelby script SOLD for $1995 and $1600 so that's where I started.
I'm sure well talk more.
Thank you again Sincerely Dave Obee

David68Obee

Just for the convenience, again here are the pictures of mine that Do not match the pictures that Brian Shared.
Also the the blueprint drawing is very hard to read.  But take a close look and that part number certainly does not end in 7213-B .  something... 1-B maybe?
and as far as the notes , totally unreadable. No top view? Most blueprints have 3 views.