News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

5S378 on Second Daily Classics

Started by silverton_ford, January 29, 2018, 04:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5s386

Was on Ebay in 2006 in Colorado, and plenty of pictures.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: A-Snake on February 06, 2018, 02:47:49 PM
Quote from: terlingua11 on February 06, 2018, 09:22:55 AM
Buy it now. $365K

BIN changed to $385K

Well, that makes sense.  It didn't meet the reserve on the other site, so I'll jack up the price after reposting...twice.   ::)

BTW - after reading the eBay listing...how does one complete a "sympathetic" restoration?  Does this involve a good friend with skill who takes pity on you as the owner?  :P
Nothing beats a classic!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on February 06, 2018, 10:54:30 PM
Quote from: A-Snake on February 06, 2018, 02:47:49 PM
Quote from: terlingua11 on February 06, 2018, 09:22:55 AM
Buy it now. $365K

BIN changed to $385K

Well, that makes sense.  It didn't meet the reserve on the other site, so I'll jack up the price after reposting...twice.   ::)

BTW - after reading the eBay listing...how does one complete a "sympathetic" restoration?  Does this involve a good friend with skill who takes pity on you as the owner?  :P
No, it most likely means that on lookers after a closer look take pity on the restoration job. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

BTW - after reading the eBay listing...how does one complete a "sympathetic" restoration?  ............................  :P

Might be a west coast or enlightened thing where you don't speak poorly of the car in its presence.

Terms like cutting, yanking, tossing, removing and such are not used in relationship to it's restoration.

Continue to remind the vehicle and yourself  that your sorry that its come to this, your only trying to help, your doing your best to extend its useful life and so on.......... Be reassuring    ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Jokes aside, I think a "sympathetic restoration" means new paint, maybe some rebuilding of mechanical systems, but not a total disassembly, rotisserie type, full systems touched restoration.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 2112 on February 07, 2018, 01:43:38 AM
Jokes aside, I think a "sympathetic restoration" means new paint, maybe some rebuilding of mechanical systems, but not a total disassembly, rotisserie type, full systems touched restoration.

You're probably right. And, Jeff and Bob's responses were quite entertaining!  ;D

I now have a sympathetic appreciation for the car.
Nothing beats a classic!

mark p

Quote from: J_Speegle on February 06, 2018, 11:51:25 PM
BTW - after reading the eBay listing...how does one complete a "sympathetic" restoration?  ............................  :P

Might be a west coast or enlightened thing where you don't speak poorly of the car in its presence.

Terms like cutting, yanking, tossing, removing and such are not used in relationship to it's restoration.

Continue to remind the vehicle and yourself  that your sorry that its come to this, your only trying to help, your doing your best to extend its useful life and so on.......... Be reassuring    ::)

^^^^  :) ;D ::) great translation - Thanks!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird