News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Solar Power Air Conditioners / Heat Pumps for your SHOP!

Started by TGI FORD, November 28, 2018, 12:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGI FORD

Have the coolest shop in town.  I am a Shelby owner/collector but my day job is solar energy.  We recently acquired the distributorship for an extremely cool 1-ton mini split a/c - Heat Pump with a SEER 75 equivalent efficiency.  This is a Gen 5 model with 10 years of manufacturing history.  the unit is precharged w/ R410a coolant and comes with a 10' lineset making it a dream for a do it yourselfer and IF the outdoor unit can go on outside on the opposing wall then the factory line set will work without modifications.  If you don't have a/c experience you can install the unit and pay a local mom and pop $100 to come out and commission it.  This unit is intended to be connected to grid power and solar power so you have 24hr access but it will work off grid too (during daylight hours only).  The indoor unit is also d/c powered so you don't have to install an inside power outlet which is also a money saver.

we can sell you the solar panels too but you may be able to get them more easily from a local supplier.  the unit works on 3,4,5 or 6 72 cell solar panels and wire directly into the outdoor unit.  the cost is $1450 + freight not including solar panels but this is about the price of most of your non-solar competitors.  Please don't hesitate to call, text or email me if you have any questions or want to see a data sheet.  At my shop, I just leave the breakers off and let them run on solar power during the day and kick on the breakers only as needed.  a 48v off-grid unit is also available but the battery and charge controller can make this option a bit pricey.  If you have grid power available this is the way to go.

thanks, Don
210-872-4643
don@solsimplesolar.com