News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Checkered Flag Mr Michael Holmes LA SAAC

Started by FL SAAC, November 28, 2018, 08:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

We never met the man but after reading all the comments, he will be surely missed. Our sincerest and deepest condolences to his family. Godspeed Michael Holmes R.I.P.

Repost from Steve Wood

It is with a heavy heart that I post this today.

Michael Holmes Colleague , Co-conspirator and Freind passed this morning.

This was due to a complication with a heart condition at his home in Los Angeles.

Michael was the champion of design elements , fonts color and colour ( there is a difference) a wonderful resource and freind.

He will be missed dearly by the SHELBY community he loved so very much.

Michael touched things and made them beautiful.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

gt350hr

I had the pleasure of knowing Michael for nearly thirty years. He had tremendous passion for SAI cars. He will be sorely missed. RIP my friend,
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

prototypefan

I always wanted on of the white Shelby team jackets and learned that Michael had reproduced them. A trip took me to SoCal so I dropped in to see him his shop. What a great place. Some people have a gift, Michael had a gift and passion for all things Shelby. The memorial booklet he put together (in a very tight timeliine) was incredible. The way his shop was decorated had his touch.

The team jackets were simply awesome. What hit me was his integrity.......as a purist that appreciated historical items and knowing that the detail in his jackets were spot on. Michael changed a couple details so that his jackets once they acquired some patina could be differentiated from a 60's original. That's a classy move.

Godspeed Michael