Author Topic: Host Hotel Security and other questions  (Read 18198 times)

SAM83

• View Profile
Host Hotel Security and other questions
« on: July 29, 2018, 01:15:27 PM »
I've been looking for information regarding over night parking lot security at host hotel as I'm driving my 68 Shelby to event. I have read that security is provided.  Is the security hired? or is it SAAC members? what are the hours it is provided?  Does anyone have experience in this area from previous conventions?  Do I need to worry about my car? Only other time I've driven my Shelby was SAAC13 at same venue but didn't spend the night.

Tried sending questions to contact they provide on SAAC 43 Convention website but didn't get a response so thought I'd try the general forum.

I'm registered, but don't know what that means other than I would assume I have admission, but where do I get my pass?  Is there a will call?

Do I have to enter the car show to be able to park my car with the others inside the gates?

Any information would be great

Thanks!

SAM83

• View Profile
Re: Host Hotel Security and other questions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 01:45:18 PM »
Went to registration website to add parade lap and car show as it is supposed to be free if you bring 68 Shelby.  Website wanted to charge $25 for each of the 2 add on items. 

guess I'll take my chances when I arrive on Friday that there are openings for both.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »
KUDOS on driving your car. It's the way they were intended to be used. In the past there has been security. I don't know if it's paid for by SAAC or part of their contract with the hotel/track. It's not members but you can usually find some members wandering the parking lot at 1am bsing with other wandering members.
Just as a normal precaution park your car where someone can't get to it with a tow truck and pull the rotor.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

SAM83

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 01:57:00 AM »
okay thanks for the tip.

I'll assume that if there had been any problems in the past, people would be more wary about driving their cars to the event/hotel

Artidsotus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 03:10:32 AM »
This is one of the most impressive things that the website has shared knowledge that is useful to this reader.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 07:02:46 PM »
Went to registration website to add parade lap and car show as it is supposed to be free if you bring 68 Shelby.  Website wanted to charge $25 for each of the 2 add on items. 

guess I'll take my chances when I arrive on Friday that there are openings for both.

I would think they haven't updated that part of the registration - 2018 was the 50th for the 68s. This year I'd assume 69s will get the freebies.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless