Author Topic: Checkered Flag- Michael Holmes of Racing Division, Inc.  (Read 1879 times)

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
Checkered Flag- Michael Holmes of Racing Division, Inc.
« on: November 28, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »
Hey Guys,

Unfortunately this post makes two more of these sort of posts than anyone wants to see in a given day on the forum.

It is with a heavy heart that I wanted to let the forum members know that Michael Holmes of Racing Division Inc. passed away November 26.

Michael was a great guy. He was heavily involved here on the forum for a long time and worked directly on design projects with some of the biggest names in the hobby...Shelby American among them.  I am sure you are all more than aware of his many projects and products.....all of which were top notch in quality. Michael didn't put out or build half-a##ed stuff. That goes for his cars as well. Some of my favorite pieces of clothing are ones which he designed. Given that Michael is now gone, they are pieces that hold an even more special place in my heart than they did two days ago.

Michael had an incredible eye for design and had an astute appreciation for the design language of Peter Brock and Shelby American Inc.  He was one of those people who had real passion for what he did.

Aside from his work. Michael was a good man. He helped me when I was first launching my business. He advised on the design of my website, my logo, and a number of other items to simply because he wanted to help me get off to a good start in the business. He made me (and everyone he was involved with) look good.  More than anything I wish that I had known when I was texting him a week ago that it would be the last time.

Michael was a good one and I know that he will be sorely missed by many here on the forum as well as throughout SAAC and LASAAC.

If you feel so compelled, a GoFundMe page has been set up for Michael's family. He leaves behind a two beautiful kids who are 6 and 11. A link to that page can be seen below.
https://www.gofundme.com/for-the-family-of-michael-holmes?fbclid=IwAR1nkecXdcUeoEOXTrbJucsmYxIiQ0xDMj4msoQ8CQoQa7nMveng4M-ap-A

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Gboyrelex

• View Profile
Re: Checkered Flag- Michael Holmes of Racing Division, Inc.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 04:26:35 AM »
The site has a lot of useful information to give us the very essence to visit here.

A1965GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 09:52:07 PM »
My condolences to his family. Sounds like he was a very talented person and Shelby gearhead.
I used to live in El Segundo and saw a similar sign a few blocks from Main St. I think it was the same place. I never stopped as I drove by to work.

sd427

• SAAC Member
  • Member LA SAAC
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle club
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 12:38:00 AM »
343 Richmond St in El Segundo, look at it in Google street view, the building hasn’t changed much.