Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 6470 times)

corbins

• View Profile
New Forum
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:36:18 PM »
Damn...pages are taking forever to load !  And I hate that all the great data from the old forum was lost, a real shame. Now I have to ask all the same stupid questions I've already ask over the past 17 years..

robert campbell

• View Profile
Re: New Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 11:44:23 PM »
Be patient, good things take time.  In a bit of time all will be better.

Rob

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:02:02 AM »
WoooHooo!  Speed is way up!  Hamsters got fed Wheaties!
5S071, 6S1467

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »
Damn...pages are taking forever to load !  And I hate that all the great data from the old forum was lost, a real shame. Now I have to ask all the same stupid questions I've already ask over the past 17 years..

Well, actually 10 years and 3 months to be exact. It was November of 2007 when the old forum started (correct me if I'm wrong). Yes, we did loose 10 years of shared technical knowledge and details which will be a challenge to replicate. So going forward I say ask the questions. We may have heard them before, but knowing this is the new forum V2.0 everyone will understand. I for one lost my 1100+ posts as did Dan Case and unlike others who lost 10,000+ like Bob Gaines, Coralsnake etc. My focus was only 65 GT350/R Models, Webers and NorCal Shelby events. I didn't post all that often and definitely stayed away from the one word posts (which some use that tactic to drive their numbers up ??? So it seemed).
Anyway, I too will ask or start/recreate past technical posts as I used them as a reference. I've been holding off to see if Computerworks/Ron can salvage anything more. Patience...

Cheers
~Earl J
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:28:22 AM by SFM5S000 »

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 12:04:57 PM »
I've been off the website for a few days. First time back on and I can say its running extremely fast. Thanks to whomever addressed that issue and made it motor again!This should help get some of that lost information back online for those who have that valuable information stored in their heads!!  ;)
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »
Yea ! glad to see the speed is back up to par. 2007 huh? Wonder who I ask all my stupid questions those first 7 years of ownership? Damn shame all of that good stuff was lost...

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 08:04:10 PM »
I've been off the website for a few days. First time back on and I can say its running extremely fast. Thanks to whomever addressed that issue and made it motor again!This should help get some of that lost information back online for those who have that valuable information stored in their heads!!  ;)

ME TOO.  YES THANKS AGAIN TO RON AND CREW!!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 07:53:53 PM »

Well, actually 10 years and 3 months to be exact. It was November of 2007 when the old forum started (correct me if I'm wrong). Yes, we did loose 10 years of shared technical knowledge and details which will be a challenge to replicate. So going forward I say ask the questions. We may have heard them before, but knowing this is the new forum V2.0 everyone will understand. I for one lost my 1100+ posts as did Dan Case and unlike others who lost 10,000+ like Bob Gaines, Coralsnake etc. My focus was only 65 GT350/R Models, Webers and NorCal Shelby events. I didn't post all that often and definitely stayed away from the one word posts (which some use that tactic to drive their numbers up ??? So it seemed).
Anyway, I too will ask or start/recreate past technical posts as I used them as a reference. I've been holding off to see if Computerworks/Ron can salvage anything more. Patience...

Cheers
~Earl J

Ok Bunkie,,,you win

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 10:15:51 AM »
Thank you so much for all the hard work that has gone into getting the Forums back up and running.

One of my favorite places to be.

Dennis