News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Suspension Overhaul. Suggestions

Started by Outlwd, November 29, 2018, 01:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outlwd

So this is my first post on this forum. Have a 66 GT350 and it has been in my family since 1986. As far as I can recall there has really never been anything replaced on the car in the years we have owned it. I would like to replace most of the suspension underpinnings and was wondering what others have done. I like to DRIVE the car so it is not a garage queen. But I don't want to do any cutting welding or fabrication of any kind. This way the car can always be returned to a stock configuration. Thanks for reading this and for any suggestions. Cheers.

NC TRACKRAT

We need more info.  Please tell us what kind of shocks are on the car now...KONI's? aftermarket? Has the front suspension been given the Shelby 1-inch drop? (two holes drilled). Rubber or polyurethane bushings?  Correct 1-inch front sway bar?Original rear leaf springs?  Still got the under-ride bars?  What brand and size tires?  Which wheels?  Do you just want to make the car safe and a nice driver or do you want a serious, firm, curve-carving, flat-tracking ride?
5S071, 6S1467

427heaven

A little more info would help... Like what you want  vs what you got, and how you would prefer to use your vehicle. ;)

Most important improvement you can make are in tires.

If you want to stay 15"

http://www.avonmotorsport.com/historic/historic/cr6zz

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!