News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Sill Plate emblem changes??

Started by acman63, January 29, 2018, 10:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

does anyone have pics of original cars with original un touched sill plate emblems?
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

roddster

Give me a few days.  I still have the original sill plates up in the garage.  BUT: they are the 66 style as the early cars came that way.  Still need  a photo or are you looking for the official 67 style?

motorhead428

If acman63 doesn't need the pictures of an early 67 door sill, I do. When you get a chance.

J_Speegle

Jim here are pictures of two different styles/versions I found in the collection of pictures. Only had one example of the first one

First from a double digit car and another from later - almost mid production

Hope this helps

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

JD

It was my understanding that the first '67's got the last '66 version door sill emblem (will find a photo to post) then the snake two lines of text version.

Edit: excerpt from '67 Running Changes article in The Shelby American Fall of 2013

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello Everyone,

Here is part of an out-take photo taken by Motor Trend on 12/12/66 that shows the late '66 style door sill emblem on 0100.

Thanks,
Eric

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on January 30, 2018, 07:39:12 PM

Although the 66 version was used first the single line version that Jeff S. posted was last for a total of three.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

BGlover67

Quote from: 67411F--0100-ENG. on January 30, 2018, 08:18:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

Here is part of an out-take photo taken by Motor Trend on 12/12/66 that shows the '66 style door sill emblem on 0100.

Thanks,
Eric

Great picture Eric.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

acman63

Hello Everyone,

Here is part of an out-take photo taken by Motor Trend on 12/12/66 that shows the '66 style door sill emblem on 0100.

Thanks,
Eric

Just to be clear.  the plates on 100  are the same as the real late 66 emblems.  Most of the 66s  has the single line with the raised CS
SAAC Concours Chairman

Bob Gaines

Quote from: acman63 on January 30, 2018, 10:07:35 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Eric

Just to be clear.  the plates on 100  are the same as the real late 66 emblems.  Most of the 66s  has the single line with the raised CS
Yes late 66 as in the picture.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello Jim and Bob,

I edited my post to add "late" to help alleviate any confusion.

Thanks,
Eric

427heaven

Quote from: J_Speegle on January 30, 2018, 07:39:12 PM
Jim here are pictures of two different styles/versions I found in the collection of pictures. Only had one example of the first one

First from a double digit car and another from later - almost mid production   I was going to post a picture of those sills and Jeff beat me to it. I recognize that worn out sill and red banded box in the second picture. I have had those in storage for a very long time, if they are not mine I have some that are a match to them. As always ;) thanks guys for the information to bring our treasures back to life properly ;)!

Hope this helps

DGSOH

0066 has the late '66 style. One is in good condition, the other not so much. Does anyone know if these are generally available in a good quality repro or, God forbid, NOS?

Thanks -

DGSOH

acman63

Quote from: DGSOH on January 31, 2018, 06:32:53 PM
0066 has the late '66 style. One is in good condition, the other not so much. Does anyone know if these are generally available in a good quality repro or, God forbid, NOS?

Thanks -

DGSOH

I have one on ebay  right now.  advanced search by seller acman63  Link  https://www.ebay.com/itm/282827537316   BTW Ive probably owned a couple hundred nos sill emblems in the last 42 years  and Ive never seen a NOS  early 66 single line plate with raised CS   Im not sure they were ever serviced
SAAC Concours Chairman

JD

It doesn't seem logical to go from the CS version with two lines of text:
"Shelby American, Inc.
Los Angeles California"
(since they added the second line after the earlier CS versions that didn't have the extra text) then go to the version for the '67's which swapped the Snake for the CS and then delete the second line of text.  ????

Is more likely (?) that the snake version without the location text was later since they were maybe not sure where the cars would be from but it wasn't going to be Los Angeles, California.  Once it was also known to not be "Shelby American Inc." but "Shelby Automotive" the Snake one line Shelby American Inc. versions were liquidated to service replacements?
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0