Author Topic: Annual Peterson Shelby Cruise In  (Read 3773 times)

66TotalPerf

• SAAC Member
  • 66 GT350 Tribute
    • View Profile
Annual Peterson Shelby Cruise In
« on: November 30, 2018, 03:15:02 PM »
Hey all!

Peterson Auto Museum has posted details for their annual Shelby cruise in on Jan 6th. They expect 400+ Shelby Mustangs and Cobras to attend!
RSVP here:
https://www.petersen.org/events/2019/1/21/annual-carroll-shelby-cruise-in

This year they've also created an event the evening prior to the cruise in (Sat Jan 5th 6-9pm) celebrating Carroll. Here's a quote:
"In celebration of Carroll Shelby’s legacy and his contributions to automotive engineering and motorsports as a whole, the Petersen will be hosting an exclusive 2-day event featuring a once-in-a-lifetime panel discussion of legendary drivers, Forza driving competition and live entertainment."
You can purchase tickets here:
https://www.petersen.org/shelby-tribute#utm_source=Shelby&utm_medium=Shelby%20Teaser%2011.30.18&utm_campaign=11.30.18

Hopefully see a bunch of you at the cruise in!
Brent
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:16:38 PM by BrentW »
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4

gort

• View Profile
Re: Annual Peterson Shelby Cruise In
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 01:05:51 PM »
Hello SAAC Angelenos and experienced Petersen event goers!
Curious if you might recommend any car/parking friendly hotels in the area for those of us who will overnight on Saturday...
Thanks in advance!   :)

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 12:11:24 AM »
This would be so much better if there was a section for the original Shelbys! There are tons of newer cars 2007+.

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 10:51:41 AM »
This would be so much better if there was a section for the original Shelbys! There are tons of newer cars 2007+.

Great Idead they could easily separate the cars and not because I don’t like and respect the newer ones (I also have a 2007 Shelby) but because many visitors like one generation over the other and because they are so different cars. If you are in the grocery market you don’t find the peas in the cereal section.   

Tom Honegger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »
Would someone please post some pics of this event?
Thanks,
Tom

66TotalPerf

• SAAC Member
  • 66 GT350 Tribute
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 03:13:05 PM »

Great Idead they could easily separate the cars and not because I don’t like and respect the newer ones (I also have a 2007 Shelby) but because many visitors like one generation over the other and because they are so different cars. If you are in the grocery market you don’t find the peas in the cereal section.   
Every Petersen cruise-in I've attended has only had personnel directing which level of the parking structure to drive to, otherwise it's completely open parking. Not saying they couldn't get more staff to direct cars but being that they listed it as a cruise-in, it'll probably remain first come.

For those looking for a hotel, I can't recommend a specific spot but I'd definitely look to the West/Northwest of Petersen, as I used to live to the east of there and it's not great. Definitely wouldn't park my car anywhere I couldn't keep it in sight east of Petersen. Additionally, Sunday mornings around the museum the traffic isn't bad so if you're a few miles away it won't take long to get to the cruise-in.

I'll take photos and upload here of the event.

Cheers!
Brent
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 03:47:34 PM »
You don't want to stay anywhere south or east of the Petersen. Burbank/Glendale isn't bad and you could enjoy Bob's a true SoCal icon. Figure on a 30 minute drive to get somewhere 99% safe for a vintage car. Hate to say it but new stuff can park anywhere and not get a second glance in SoCal.
http://bobs.net/events/classic-car-show
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless