News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT350 #0942 on eBay -not your typical restoration

Started by Richstang, December 03, 2018, 01:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

someone really doesn't like factory stock...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-/123523553745

1967 Shelby GT350

Drivetrain   
-363 cubic in small block Dart block,Callies crank,Oliver rods,Afr head,Jessel rockers,custom quick fuel carb,MSD ignition,Milidon road race pan,assembled and dynoed by Kuntz and company 628hp @7200rpm
-KRC pulleys and power steering pump
-Custom built stainless headers and exhaust
-CR racing radiator module(has integral engine oil and power steering coolers)with dual electric fans
-Quick time scattersheild,Modern driveline hydrualic clutch,Ford close ratio toploader with Hurst billet super speedway shifter   
-Driveline hoop,Mark Williams drive shaft,Nodular 9" with 3.70 gears and traclock diff

Suspension and Brakes
-Global West upper and lower control arms(negative roll) Global West springs front and rear,11/4 sway bar,TCP spindles and bump stop tie rods,Modified Borgenson power steering box,Koni double adjustable shocks(rebuilt by Koni,were on car when purchased in 1978,sub frame connectors,equal length panard rods and underride bars were on car when purchased in 1978
-Baer brakes 13" on front 12" on rear with nickle plated Shelby calipers,adjustable proportioning valve

Wheels and tires
-Forgeline wheels with Falken Azenis tire 18x9 with 245/40R18 on front 18x10.5 with 295/40R18 rear

Interior
-Recaro seats with racing belts,Shelby gauges,Ididit tilt column and leather Lecarra steering wheel,Roll cage(was in car when purchased in 1978)Rear shelf with storage underneath,custom carpets with leather shift boot,22gallon Fuel safe fuel cell,Odyssey battery truck mounted in custom built tray.

If you have questions you can call me at 907 841-0888
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

JD

wow that's a lot of modifications.

The ad lists the VIN as  67210f8400942, the SAAC registry lists  67210F8U00942 as the VIN, maybe a typo on the ad.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

1967 eight barrel

I don't find the modifications tasteful and it would cost a boatload of money to return this back to something that didn't look like a clone.  I made changes on my Shelby but nothing like this. I think it's ugly.  Not to mention the outrageous asking of 225K on a small block car. I'd take that continuation 427 car that is on here long before I'd consider this.

gt350cs

Interesting VIN "Typo" and the fact that you cannot read the VIN in the picture of what replaced plate.

TJinSA

Certainly looks suspect; the ONLY pieces that may be from an original Shelby would be the fiberglass... just say'n... Looks like they rolled a new chassis under the VIN, then decided the VIN plate needed changing as well.  I would look at it at any show and instantly think clone.  I hope any potential buyer looks this one over REALLY close.
Tom Kubler
6S296

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: Richstang on December 03, 2018, 01:17:50 PM
someone really doesn't like factory stock...

Was it the baby blue driveline that gave it away    ::)

Just an example (ok maybe) of "these cars were meant to be ........"   :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

67_1183

The description in the Registry might lead to the restoration choices made.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Period correct Day 2 is my favorite type of Muscle/60's car, and I like this car(Minus the bumper delete and oversized diameter wheels :P)

It just isn't a Shelby any longer and should be classified as a custom Mustang.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI