News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Mustangs Unlimited

Started by stangman39, December 07, 2018, 10:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stangman39

Heard today that they closed the GA location end of Nov.
Interesting.
I know some are not fans but for some who live in GA it was convenient when you need a part quick.

gjz30075

Yes.   I called the GA number for some info and got directed to the CT location.   The Associate at the CT location told me so.
Greg Z
6S2249

stephen_becker

Chris Hoverman is the owner of Mustangs Unlimited and is a very very longtime SAAC member - He is on the boards here so perhaps he can update us all as to what is going on? The facility he owns in GA is huge and my guys at my dealership will miss the convenience of his automobile parts company being less then 10 miles away - SGB

beckerautogroup.com
twitter.com/beckerautogroup
facebook.com/beckerautogroup
linkedin.com/in/beckerautogroup

Has to be getting to be a tough market now days.   :-[

1967 eight barrel

Well, I had a couple experiences that weren't positive.  NPD never back orders anything and any issues are rectified without delay. I still hate to see any company that supports our cars fail. 
                                                                                             -Keith

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

stangman39

Being in GA MU was usually my go to and I've always had good experiences
It was nice knowing if I ordered a part it was going to arrive next day most
of the times.
I grew up in NY so they were convenient to me then also
I wonder if they kept shipping from GA till parts were depleted.
I was told they closed the doors end of Nov
I was overall more concerned about our hobby and concerned
a big long time distributor closed one of their 2 locations

Ldouble619

Quote from: stangman39 on December 07, 2018, 09:45:55 PM
Being in GA MU was usually my go to and I've always had good experiences
It was nice knowing if I ordered a part it was going to arrive next day most
of the times.
I grew up in NY so they were convenient to me then also
I wonder if they kept shipping from GA till parts were depleted.
I was told they closed the doors end of Nov
I was overall more concerned about our hobby and concerned
a big long time distributor closed one of their 2 locations

The story line for our hobby is already written, there's  no chnaging that now. Just riding it out. People/society/government have determined the course, no turning back.

427heaven

Well the model T guys said the same thing, so did the model A crowd, the 50s hot rodders and now us ... The beat goes on! :)

Quote from: 427heaven on December 07, 2018, 10:14:16 PM
Well the model T guys said the same thing, so did the model A crowd, the 50s hot rodders and now us ... The beat goes on! :)

But those had a continuing car culture to support them.

That isn't going to happen this time.

vtgt500

Quote from: 2112 on December 08, 2018, 01:02:40 AM
Quote from: 427heaven on December 07, 2018, 10:14:16 PM

But those had a continuing car culture to support them.

That isn't going to happen this time.

Good point.  As someone that's worked in both manufacture and import of aftermarket components, it's a whore's market.  Buyers largely buy by price irrespective of quality and service.  Worse, once a manufacturer invests huge sums to engineer and manufacture a quality product, and sales take off, bottom feeding competitors will dilute the market with inferior clone parts.  Want an example?  Ask to tour the engineering and quality assurance departments of popular suppliers.

Doug C

Can someone tell me how to contact Chris Hoverman

Bigblock

CJ Pony Parts started charging for shipping. Minimum charge gets you 8 business day delivery.

427heaven

Quote from: Bigblock on December 10, 2018, 10:55:02 AM
CJ Pony Parts started charging for shipping. Minimum charge gets you 8 business day delivery.
I ordered stuff this morning..... Anything over 49.00FREE SHIPPING usually 2-3 days is the norm.  Great service, nice parts, new warehouse in Las Vegas for the left coasters. :)

KR Convertible

I only use CJ if I need something the next day, they are only 2 hours away and package usually arrives next day.  The vast majority of the time I use Virginia Mustang.  Brant's prices are generally 10-20% cheaper!  And the staff is very helpful.