Author Topic: Interesting Repo 1966 Shelby Owner's Manual  (Read 2658 times)

SHELB66

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Interesting Repo 1966 Shelby Owner's Manual
« on: December 07, 2018, 02:50:25 PM »
I came across an interesting '66 owner's manual the other day.  I have seen various repos but not one quite like this.  The most interesting part is the center page.  This one shows no punch holes like the ones shown in the 2nd printing.  All print is the same without any "darker" letters which would indicate touchup.  The big issue that stands out on the center page is on the lower, center section where the stabilizer bar is described.  It should read "ONE INCH" but instead reads "O     CH" and this is the area where a 2nd printing punch hole would be located.  As an aside, sometimes this area is incorrectly filled in with "1.0 INCH".  If you look at first picture showing the covers, the one on the right (repo) is a bit darker blue and also the 4 lines of print use a slightly larger font.  The fourth line also goes all the way to the end.   Has anyone come across this version before?

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

TJinSA

• View Profile
Re: Interesting Repo 1966 Shelby Owner's Manual
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 10:13:21 PM »
Nice!... maybe the one glitch was retained to avoid confusion with a first printing?  It really is a much nicer piece; I'd much prefer it over my beat-up POS
Tom Kubler
6S296

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 11:26:59 PM »
Hi Craig,

You should compare against a known second printing and report back.  Without your comments, I'd believe it was a legit second printing.  The first printing is the only one I feel comfortable confirming legit.

Vern has studied these much better than me.  I wonder if he will reply.

Thanks for sharing

Cory

SHELB66

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 12:30:19 AM »
^^^  If I'm not mistaking, the version showing the hole punches is considered a second printing.  The first and second pictures show an original "hole punched" version (sorry for the smaller size pics).  I don't have access to a 1st printing to make any comparisons.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac