News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

eBay 1967 SHELBY GT350

Started by BGlover67, December 07, 2018, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350/123523553745?hash=item1cc293d9d1:g:2sgAAOSwu4dcBI3o

Can anyone tell me if the car looks Assembly line correct? I'm guessing the air cleaner filter might be incorrect.   ;)

1967 Shelby GT350

Drivetrain   
363 cubic in small block Dart block,Callies crank,Oliver rods,Afr head,Jessel rockers,custom quick fuel carb,MSD ignition,Milidon road race pan,assembled and dynoed by Kuntz and company 628hp @7200rpm
KRC pulleys and power steering pump
Custom built stainless headers and exhaust
CR racing radiator module(has integral engine oil and power steering coolers)with dual electric fans
Quick time scattersheild,Modern driveline hydrualic clutch,Ford close ratio toploader with Hurst billet super speedway shifter   
Driveline hoop,Mark Williams drive shaft,Nodular 9" with 3.70 gears and traclock diff

Suspension and Brakes
Global West upper and lower control arms(negative roll) Global West springs front and rear,11/4 sway bar,TCP spindles and bump stop tie rods,Modified Borgenson power steering box,Koni double adjustable shocks(rebuilt by Koni,were on car when purchased in 1978,sub frame connectors,equal length panard rods and underride bars were on car when purchased in 1978
Baer brakes 13" on front 12" on rear with nickle plated Shelby calipers,adjustable proportioning valve

Wheels and tires
Forgeline wheels with Falken Azenis tire 18x9 with 245/40R18 on front 18x10.5 with 295/40R18 rear

Interior
Recaro seats with racing belts,Shelby gauges,Ididit tilt column and leather Lecarra steering wheel,Roll cage(was in car when purchased in 1978)Rear shelf with storage underneath,custom carpets with leather shift boot,22gallon Fuel safe fuel cell,Odyssey battery truck mounted in custom built tray.

If you have questions you can call me at 907 841-0888

SHELBY VIN:  67210f8400942

$225,000
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

1967 eight barrel

Brian:
Did you see the other thread on this "bastardized" vehicle? Looks like a re-body. Look at the registry on this particular serial number.
                                                                             -Keith

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=3933.0

BGlover67

Holy cow, where was I?  Sorry guys.  I do agree, it sure is suspicious of a rebody.

As Dana Carvey used to say on SNL, "Nevermind".
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

SNAKEBIT

Look at the wheel flares! It is a crying shame someone or some people, modified this thing to hell the way they did. If it is original, at least it can be returned to the way it SHOULD be. These are rare cars and should be treated that way. These cars are simply not common, pedestrian Mustangs. Modify those all you want, just leave the Shelbys and Hemi 'Cudas and others like them, alone. Really.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Not every car needs to be 100% stock to be enjoyed.

I much prefer period correct day 2 cars, tho I appreciate what it takes to have one assembly line perfect.

Edit; I would call the car Brian linked to as fully customized, not Day 2.

s2ms

Quote from: BGlover67 on December 07, 2018, 04:33:32 PM
As Dana Carvey used to say on SNL, "Nevermind".

Fond memories of Roseanne Roseannadanna...
Dave - 6S1757

roddster

Some day we'll know...the rest of the story.

What happened to the deluxe dash and door panels??

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

BGlover67

I thought it was 'Church lady' but you are all right, it was 'Roseanne Roseannadanna'.  Still getting over the effects of the anesthesia... ::)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

68GT350roadracer

Fox Island, WA
        View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: eBay 1967 SHELBY GT350
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 09:28:01 PM »

Not every car needs to be 100% stock to be enjoyed.

I much prefer period correct day 2 cars, tho I appreciate what it takes to have one assembly line perfect.

I agree with this.

427heaven

I hope we can get a new section where day 2 cars or race cars can congregate and leave the purists to their own devices. This way we can live without the constant banter of (should we have stripes on 67s) or not. If you love the CAUTION FAN sticker on your car, this would be the place to go without being reminded that it should not be there. ;D

SNAKEBIT

I'm not saying every Shelby needs to or MUST BE like it was the day it was made, but doing this to a very rare car should be a no-no. Like I said, do it to a GT Mustang or just a regular run-of-the-mill 'Stang, but leave the rare cars alone. I feel it is not being a good steward of these cars, if lots of mods are made to them. Sure, they can be returned to normal, but a Shelby with big 'ole wheel flares? Really? That's like putting a tv antennae on the back of a Rolls. Never mind. I'm going to put together a Shelby that doesn't look like it has gone through the hands of several young kids who needed to modify it to make it look even cooler. School kid stuff. Anyways. Whatever you wish to do to a rare car is your business, but I don't have to like it, appreciate it or support it. I shouldn't gotten started on this, but I'm finished now.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Steve Z

I am sure I will pay for this reply, But here it goes? I am sure this forum was started back before we had the restomods or  the Day 2 cars . It was designed for the time when we grew up seeing the cars from our age of growing up in the 60'and 70' and wishing we had such a nice car. Fast forward , some of us have been fortunate enough to carry out our dreams in our 60's and 70's like myself. Sure I don't mind the restomods , but this forum was built on keeping these cars cars as they were built on the the day they left the factory. I myself would love to get all the info from the people that have the knowledge that the Alumni members have. So lets leave the Restomod's have there day in the Sun another time.  That is just my opinion? Thanks Steve

Bigfoot

Quote from: 427heaven on December 11, 2018, 08:29:23 AM
I hope we can get a new section where day 2 cars or race cars can congregate and leave the purists to their own devices. This way we can live without the constant banter of (should we have stripes on 67s) or not. If you love the CAUTION FAN sticker on your car, this would be the place to go without being reminded that it should not be there. ;D

Wurd
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Yeah,but it's only 225 k....So that gives you plenty of "room" to get it back to stock without being too far underwater.....right???