Author Topic: Welcome back...  (Read 35193 times)

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome back...
« on: January 19, 2018, 05:18:33 PM »
Welcome back... We unfortunately had a major meltdown at the Forum server, requiring us to have a complete rebuild and reboot. Yes, we are starting from zero... consider it a reincarnation. Thanks for your patience as we continue to install and refine the Forum features.

NOTICE - ALL users must REGISTER again to restore your User Account.

PLEASE... use your ORIGINAL User Name, if you want to restore your identity.
We are on the honor system here...user name poaching will not be tolerated. If you see your old User Name was taken by someone else, send an email to pitcrew@saac.com and disputes will be resolved.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome back...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:36:23 AM »
Nice to have the Forum back and I appreciate all the long hours of work.  It does look like some gremlins are getting in early with some bad stuff that you might want to check.

tobaccokid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 07:09:52 AM »
A disaster. Unfortunately it will turn off many previous and future users who may have a somewhat lower level of involvement and enthusiasm about Shelby's. This will be an unmeasurable loss to a hobby that consists of a relatively small population. Don't understand the comment about the Forum being back, there is nothing back. What is back is a completely blank slate - nothing there. A disaster.

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 08:17:04 AM »
A disaster. Unfortunately it will turn off many previous and future users who may have a somewhat lower level of involvement and enthusiasm about Shelby's. This will be an unmeasurable loss to a hobby that consists of a relatively small population. Don't understand the comment about the Forum being back, there is nothing back. What is back is a completely blank slate - nothing there. A disaster.

With change comes minor hiccups, like todays spammer attack as the holes in the firewall get repaired.
Give it some time, don't  make any rash decisions based on the first few days of operation.

Like myself, with countless posts and threads documenting the rebuild of my car to road worthiness,  I believe most people will view this not as a disaster, but a fresh start, both to learn from the past, and relearn in the future.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

SteveFla

• SAAC Member
  • I've owned my GT-350 since June 1982
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 09:00:19 AM »
Im happy see the forum back. Im looking forward to connect with fellow Shelby owners as I restore my car. Im shocked that there were not any backups from the website service provider. Its sad to see many years of info gone. This is a great example of why data loss prevention is important for everyone. Thanks for all the hard work trying to fix this.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:28:52 AM by SteveFla »

rkm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 09:05:58 AM »
I've been through three different magazines, two forums, one big lawsuit...we're all still here.

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »

Of course... our community is back online.
Of course... it was A DISASTER.

We'll survive.

highland green

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 10:08:40 AM »
nice to be back :D Thanks for the hard work.

1969shelbygt350

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »
Great to see it back! Thanks for you'al hard work!

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »

The hard work to reestablish this site is very much appreciated!

67st102

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 10:29:52 AM »
So help the forum members understand why there were not regular backups of data over the years along the way.  Its really unfortunate that so much information had to be lost forever/ disappear because a backup of data did not occur.  Was this possible to do - but just not get done - or is it more complicated than that?  And is there a plan for the backup of data going forward?  Are we learning from mistakes made or could the same thing occur going forward?  Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to understand why some preventive maintenance did not occur and therefore the lose of so much good information - which is really disappointing.  Glad its back and running again though.  Thanks for the efforts to try and recover the past.

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 10:34:06 AM »
So help the forum members understand why there were not regular backups of data over the years along the way.  Its really unfortunate that so much information had to be lost forever/ disappear because a backup of data did not occur.  Was this possible to do - but just not get done - or is it more complicated than that?  And is there a plan for the backup of data going forward?  Are we learning from mistakes made or could the same thing occur going forward?  Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to understand why some preventive maintenance did not occur and therefore the lose of so much good information - which is really disappointing.  Glad its back and running again though.  Thanks for the efforts to try and recover the past.

It was a perfect storm of malfunctions at the server side.
Of course, you always learn from the unexpected... new features are in place.
Thanks for your concern.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 11:02:19 AM »
Ron,

thank you for time and effort to revive the SAAC forum

good to be back
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:43:18 PM by FL SAAC TONY »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
I missed SAAC forum , i m glad it’s back, well we will have to work hard to put back some of those  so valuated infos lost in the big wash!!!!

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 11:23:42 AM »
Funny, I would normally check the SAAC Forum first thing once I got logged on @ work. Since it has been down, I was forced to find other forms of entertainment. Anything but work!
Glad we are back online. I missed the daily dose of Shelby.
Brent