Author Topic: Welcome back...  (Read 35370 times)

Cobra567

• View Profile
Re: Welcome back...
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 11:35:01 AM »
One upside.  If I have a question I wont get told that search is my best friend any longer!  ;D

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 11:41:35 AM »
Bummer that the cached info is gone....However like a phoenix.......

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 11:45:09 AM »
Wow... lots of newbies in here !

rbarkley

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 12:24:08 PM »
Awesome to have the SAAC Forum back online!  Very unfortunate that we could not recover all the data.  On a positive note and as a beginner ...

I can ask all the same questions on topics that have been discussed extensively in times past, without, "please check the 'search' as this topic has been discussed numerous time before!"

Ron

8T03S1425

• SAAC Member
  • Next to sex, I like my Shelby best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
Dilly, dilly!
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & ‘74.

SHELB66

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 12:53:56 PM »
My thanks to all involved in getting the site back up again.  The sweating and shaking from withdrawal is starting to subside!  Somehow my wife didn't understand the connection!  I'd much rather have a new "start from scratch" forum than no forum at all.  There's lots of info to be shared.  So let's get the show on the road and have some fun!  Who knows as maybe that dreaded "black box" where a posted picture should be will be gone!

Craig R
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

TransamEd

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »
Something was missing on the web. If anybody can restore stuff from almost nothing, then it can be only the Shelby experts 8)

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 01:52:07 PM »
A disaster. Unfortunately it will turn off many previous and future users who may have a somewhat lower level of involvement and enthusiasm about Shelby's. This will be an unmeasurable loss to a hobby that consists of a relatively small population. Don't understand the comment about the Forum being back, there is nothing back. What is back is a completely blank slate - nothing there. A disaster.

Of course... our community is back online.
Of course... it was A DISASTER.

We'll survive.

And Thrive! Thank you for your efforts on our behalf!
Brad

1965 K code Fastback GT
1972 Mach 1 (My actual first car from High School!)
2014 F150
2017 F150

Dan Case

• CSX2310
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »
Thanks for all the work it took.

I will speak for myself here but this is a chance to leave behind older information that was not up to the current state of understanding / documentation. Even technical posts I have made in the past needed to be revised or an update added as the data bases got added to and scrubbed from time to time. Even if the last post in a thread, even one I started, brought readers up to date days, weeks, or all the way to years later it was still somewhat confusing at times to go through outdated information first and that assumes readers took the time to read every post in order AND get to the updated end.
Dan
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:50:01 PM by Dan Case »
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Illinicane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 02:27:46 PM »

Nice to have the forum back, even if its a reboot. 

Thanks to Ron and all involved. 

You are not taken for granted!!

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 03:24:49 PM »
So help the forum members understand why there were not regular backups of data over the years along the way.  Its really unfortunate that so much information had to be lost forever/ disappear because a backup of data did not occur.  Was this possible to do - but just not get done - or is it more complicated than that?  And is there a plan for the backup of data going forward?  Are we learning from mistakes made or could the same thing occur going forward?  Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to understand why some preventive maintenance did not occur and therefore the lose of so much good information - which is really disappointing.  Glad its back and running again though.  Thanks for the efforts to try and recover the past.

It was a perfect storm of malfunctions at the server side.
Of course, you always learn from the unexpected... new features are in place.
Thanks for your concern.

It’s wonderful to have the forum back online, and you & everyone involved are greatly appreciated. But I suspect that this recent hiccup may discourage some people from putting much time and work into future posts – for fear it may all simply disappear again.

Can you add any to your explanation, and possibly give us an insight into some of the precautions being taken to try to avert this kind of thing in the future? I know there are no 100% guarantees, but some reasonable assurance that new processes are in place to safeguard against future disasters would be comforting.

I’m here no matter what because this is simply the best place in the world to communicate with fellow Shelby enthusiasts. THANK YOU for all your hard work on behalf of the Shelby community.

BTW, it’s funny to see you, the Administrator, listed as a Newbie. I guess there’s humor to be found in any situation if you just look hard enough.

Steve

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »
Back from the dead....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 04:17:55 PM »
Back from the dead....
.     Is the skateboard icon a Powell peralta? Or?..

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »
Glad we are back! 

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 04:36:02 PM »
Didn't realize how much the Forum was a part of my daily life until it was gone...Went through "withdrawal".  Glad it's back. No sense crying about something that's done and gone. Am trying to sift through any files I may have saved that I might be able to post.  I know I've got photos of bits and pieces that can be downloaded to the gallery.
5S071, 6S1467