News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Floor mats

Started by Hey_jude, December 09, 2018, 07:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey_jude

It seems like I read a post on this pre-forum crash but what floor mats came the 68's originally? There doesn't seem to be anything out there to purchase or research. As alway thank you and please forgive my ignorance...
Follower of Jesus, Grateful Caretaker of #2196 and amateur car photographer.

CSX 3183

Well when I bought my KR, there wasn't any, so I'd say none.
Member of SAAC since 1977

Greg

Interesting question, I assumed they all came with mats.  Did any of the 65-70 Shelby's come from the factory with mats or were they all dealer installed?
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on December 09, 2018, 07:31:22 PM
Interesting question, I assumed they all came with mats.  Did any of the 65-70 Shelby's come from the factory with mats or were they all dealer installed?
Mats were typically bought from the dealer. Temporary paper mats were the norm from the dealer back in the day.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Hey_jude

Thank you all. So I'll change the question...what do y'all use?

Rodster-500

Quote from: Hey_jude on December 09, 2018, 09:25:42 PM

These rubber pony mats were in my 350 when I bought it and are very nice.  No information on the brand or where they were purchased.

Bob Gaines

The pony mat is the most typical used. There are nice reproduction pony mats available from most vendors.The original pony mats are quite expensive now. There are some real rare mats that were sold from Shelby that are solid black rubber including the Cobra emblem .Those are the holy grail of floor mats .  I don't know way those are not reproduced.  There are a number of variations on that Cobra theme being made.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Hey_jude

I've seen those mats but never thought about using them. Utilitarian and nice looking. Looks like a great option. I have a set of black and red vinyl and carpet that came in the car when I got it but there is no logo and i don't think they are special. Thank you for your replies

Bigfoot

The rubber ones that most places sell are a good mat. If you have a red interior on a Mustang be careful to make sure ur getting the color you want. Some are bright red some burgundy. I think ur safer with burgundy either way.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bob Gaines

Here is a picture of the rare Shelby American accessory Cobra floor mats.

Coralsnake

I recall buying the reproductions all day for 49.95 and they didnt have some guys name on the back...ahh the good old days

tesgt350

Quote from: Rodster-500 on December 09, 2018, 09:46:13 PM
Quote from: Hey_jude on December 09, 2018, 09:25:42 PM

These rubber pony mats were in my 350 when I bought it and are very nice.  No information on the brand or where they were purchased.

Those were offered thru Ford over the Counter Accessories.  If you ever watch "American Pickers" on one show they were picking some guys old Ford Dealership or a Garage of a man that owned a Ford Dealership way back and Frank found a stack of those NOS Mats still in the Boxes and he only bought one set in White.  Got them real cheap too.

Hey_jude

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 10, 2018, 09:35:56 PM
Here is a picture of the rare Shelby American accessory Cobra floor mats.

That is really cool. Great pic and thanks for sharing that. I'll keep my eyes open for those. I actually ran across a Paxton supercharger about 15 years ago on eBay. At 1k it seems like it was a bargain. It was right before we brought our car to MO. Poor timing. Just shows to go you, never know what you'll find when looking. Love the input on this thread. You guys are a blessing to us.  :)

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Hey_jude