News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Mustangs Unlimited

Started by stangman39, December 07, 2018, 10:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: KR Convertible on December 10, 2018, 02:40:23 PM
I only use CJ if I need something the next day, they are only 2 hours away and package usually arrives next day.  The vast majority of the time I use Virginia Mustang.  Brant's prices are generally 10-20% cheaper!  And the staff is very helpful.
I am constantly having to point out mistakes or items of inferior quality that people have gotten from CJ. I will say that their advertising they use to get people to buy is effective . I know that they are just trying to do business but it has gotten to a point where when I hear their name I experience frustration and anger as a result of the issues caused when enthusiast's buy from them. I know in some cases it is the buyer that is as much at fault as well as the seller.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bigfoot

Quote from: 427heaven on December 07, 2018, 10:14:16 PM
Well the model T guys said the same thing, so did the model A crowd, the 50s hot rodders and now us ... The beat goes on! :)

+1
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

There seem to be more tv shows related to car culture than ever before. If Car culture is dying I'd say then why are so many people willing to drop $xxx,xxx.oo on a car,....whether it be a new Maserati or a vintage muscle car.
And,...
If you bought a 65-68 Shelby or FGT or 911 1/2 dozen years ago I bet ur doing ok on it.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

KR Convertible

You're right Bob.  I should have mentioned the quality of the parts too.  Gotta compare apples to apples.

427heaven

Most everyone I know in the automotive world is staying busy- Restoration shops, engine builders, Mustang parts houses, paint shops, upholstery places. If it is priced fairly and has good quality, they will be standing in line to turn over their hard earned dollars. People love this SH.. Anyone go to INDY or SEMA? There is no slowing down,unless a tariff or worse is implemented, time will tell !

Side-Oilers

It's all fun until gasoline gets banned. I hope I'm six feet under by then.

Aston Martin recently announced they're going to begin offering electric motor conversions for vintage Astons.  I don't think 007 would like that. The cat-and-mouse pursuit of the Mustang along the Furka Pass just wouldn't be the same with no engine sound.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Quote from: 427heaven on December 10, 2018, 09:26:25 PM
There is no slowing down,unless a tariff or worse is implemented, time will tell !

Think Carbon tax. Our governor would love nothing more than $15/gallon gas.

I don't think he is the only one.

Coralsnake

Can you say France with guns?

stangman39

I'm still curious why MU closed their GA location.
I'm having a 67 FB worked on and the restorer sent me a text yesterday and said he'd go to MU for me to get full Dynacorn quarters to save me some truck freight shipping.
I told him it's a long trip to CT!

427heaven

Quote from: stangman39 on December 11, 2018, 08:07:15 AM
I'm still curious why MU closed their GA location.
I'm having a 67 FB worked on and the restorer sent me a text yesterday and said he'd go to MU for me to get full Dynacorn quarters to save me some truck freight shipping.
I told him it's a long trip to CT!
There are too many fish swimming in a little fish bowl, these vendors buy basically from the same manufactures. If you offer up free shipping like CJ PONY people love that. Its like Home Depot how can you compete with that... You cant. That's why many of the smaller businesses must close. Same products, better prices, free shipping= more happiness when driving our cars. I personally love supporting the local little guy, but they cant compete with the big guys. Free shipping is like Christmas year round.  :)

stangman39

MU has offered free shipping for a long time.  Were/are they considered little?

T-Bone68

I will say in CJ's defense they leave every review up, even the one stars.  It is helpful to see feedback from others and know the disasters to avoid.  On MU, every part with a review somehow has one review only, from the last 1-2yrs and only non-specific praise that tells you nothing, like "looks great on my car" or "helps me be safer" for a rear view mirror.  Yes, CJ repros are cheaper stuff and I can't imagine many parts are bought from this group.  I mostly use them for small driveline and suspension mods for my 2015.

That being said, I appreciate MU, their good customer service and hope they continue in business for a long time.

427heaven

Over the last 40+ years I have had the opportunity to purchase products from most all Mustang-Shelby related vendors in America. Its not some dirty little secret that we purchase products from lets say Brandas- CJ Pony and a host of others. If they treat you well and have what you need you continue to use their services. I wasn't implying they were small fish just that others like Perogies, Carls, or some of the smaller companies have kept their doors open by offering products that you just cant get anywhere else. For the rest of the components everyone is selling the same stuff so we return time after time because we like their way of doing business, and that is different for each person building a car. If said companies are not selling enough product, it is not good business sense to keep the doors open on a building that is not sustaining itself.

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 11, 2018, 07:12:07 AM
Can you say France with guns?

Yup, even in France they are getting fed up with the Government money grab. I read today that it is proposed (in France) that they need to get gas up to $49/gallon by 2030 to pay for Climate Change correction measures.

Bigfoot

With fewer cars each year in Western Civilization I think gasoline might just stay right at this level adjusted for inflation.
Climate control /etc another issue but I still think it will hold here in USA in the $3-$5 range long term.

........or will I be the only guy with the Red Barchetta?..
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI