News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Marconi Museum in Orange County CA

Started by Corey Bowcutt, January 30, 2018, 01:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I am sure this has been discussed on the old Forum but I spent last week in Southern California and visited the Marconi museum.  They had 3 great Shelbys and several other Mustangs as well.  Some other very cool other cars too.  Well worth the $5 donation fee.

Dkutz

funny I don't remember the shelby's there when I visited a couple years ago.

Richstang

I've recently discussed the Shelby's offline with a few other forum members. I believe the '65 5s544 is owned by Marconi, but the red '68 and 'Brittany Blue '67 are new arrivals and possibly on loan for display. (Previously there was a red '67 on loan, and a black jade '69 also on loan).

Cory did you happen to get the ID numbers for the 67 or 68?
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Corey Bowcutt

The hoods were closed. We asked if we could open and they said no.

Corey Bowcutt

From the bios they had posted by the cars it certainly indicated the 67 and 68 were loaners for sure.  An interesting thing they had in the bio for the 65 Shelby is that it was used to create the engine noise for Eleanor in Gone in 60 Seconds movie.

Richstang

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on January 31, 2018, 12:43:22 PM
From the bios they had posted by the cars it certainly indicated the 67 and 68 were loaners for sure.  An interesting thing they had in the bio for the 65 Shelby is that it was used to create the engine noise for Eleanor in Gone in 60 Seconds movie.

George Watters was the sound editor on the Movie. He said they did NOT use that Marconi '65 Shelby for Eleanor sounds.
Nothing for the Eleanor Mustang was done with any of the Marconi cars.

The museum had several Ferrari's which matched his want list for the Ferrari warehouse theft scene. They recorded all the hood/door openings & closings, the indoor engine start ups, and the Ferrari's driving out the warehouse door in there. I believe George also mentioned the Lamborghini's were recorded there as well...no Shelby's or Mustang's.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Corey Bowcutt

That reminds me of a saying a wise old engineer taught me back when I was fresh out of college.  He said "do not believe anything you hear and only half of what you read".  This was before the internet so I presume you should believe even less than half of what you read now days ;D