Author Topic: 1965 Ford Mustang 289 HIPO  (Read 6614 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
1965 Ford Mustang 289 HIPO
« on: December 12, 2018, 09:57:22 PM »
Not Mine.  Wow, strong $$$$. Pretty sure I could pick up a Shelby for that kind of cash.  (at least 67-69). Not sure about the '66 quarter panel ornament.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-Mustang-289-HIPO/233037894579?hash=item36422413b3:g:EpsAAOSw9g1cC0r9:rk:9:pf:0&vxp=mtr

965 Ford Mustang K Code Convertible 289 HIPO 4 Speed Survivor RARE Please Look!  Survivor K Code 289 HIPO Same Owner Past 45 Years

1965 Mustang K Code Convertible

289 HIPO 4 Speed

All original Survivor Numbers Matching

Has the original Window Sticker

Same owner last 45 years

Built in March, 1965

65k original Miles

Years and years of service records, registrations, old license plates etc.

No Rust. Garage Kept for over 45 years

One of a kind find in this state

Built in March 1965

Purchased by a Lady in April 1965

Have the original owner’s manual with her name typed in it from the dealership.

VIN:  5F08K679537

Link to Videos:

https://youtu.be/aiTOcvpIyAY

https://youtu.be/4BkrvSwriYQ

Link to Pictures:

https://imageshack.com/a/P05o/1

Link to the Webpage:

http://www.americanmustangs.com/1965-k-code-convertible-.html

All Strong Offers will be considered.

Call with questions 304-228-4732

You are looking at a truly one of a kind car, and a one of a kind opportunity. This is what some would consider as a Holy Grail car. This is a 1965 Mustang K code 289 HIPO 4 speed survivor car. Truly a piece of Ford Mustang history. This car has never been restored, original numbers matching drivetrain, always garage kept, a true time Capsule.

I cannot express enough how much this car was loved and how well it was maintained over the years. This car was a persons true passion and needs someone that will continue to take care of it like it always has been. Each old license plate was kept and slid back into its original paper it came in. Who does that? Someone that truly loves their car. Every service record kept.

I beg anyone interested to come see and drive this car. The physical condition of this car and the way it drives and handles is mind blowing. Seriously. I'm not trying to talk it up, it will speak for itself. One of the best mustangs bodies I've ever owned. I've thought hard about keeping this car and have no problem keeping it if it doesn't sell for what I and many others feel like the car is worth. You cant just go out and get something like this.

Car has its original window sticker, original owner’s manual with owners name and date of purchase, license plates dating back to 1965, registrations, insurance cards, and receipts for service and maintenance done basically for the cars entire life.

The car has been preserved. This car was built before the GT package existed. This car came with disc brakes, upgraded suspension. Always garage kept, absolutely dry and straight underneath with no rust! Super rare to find any mustang in this condition.

This car starts right up, everything works. Lights, blinkers, heater, wipers, emergency brake, everything.

The car drives super tight. Shifts perfectly, idles perfect, stops perfectly. This car is solid throughout mechanically and the body. Its the best driving older mustang I've ever had and it has tons of power.

Now for the specifics about this K Code. Sold new in Beckley, WV at Grady Whitlock Ford in April, 1965. Original window sticker and owner’s manual come with the car.

Warranty Number: 5F08K679537

Year:
Plant:
F
Dearborn, MI
Body Series:
Convertible
Engine:
K
289 4v V8 HiPo
Unit:

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data

Body:
76A
Convertible, Standard Interior
Color:
M
Wimbledon White
Trim:
Black Crinkle Vinyl, Standard Interior
Date:
30Q
March 30, 1965
D.S.O:
Cincinnati
Axle:
3.50:1, Conventional
Trans:
4-Speed Manual

BODY
COLOR
TRIM
DATE
DSO
AXLE
TRANS

WARRANTY NUMBER

http://www.mustangdecoder.com/image/ford.gif
THIS VEHICLE IS MANUFACTURED UNDER UNITED STATES
AND FOREIGN PATENTS AND PATENT APPLICATIONS

A PRODUCT OF FORD MOTOR COMPANY

Engine: Block 289 HIPO C5AE-6015-E Date 5B15

Intake: C5OE-9425 Date 5B10

Carburetor: C4OF-AL Date 5AD on Original Autolite Tag

Distributor: C5OF-12127-E Date 5B8

Exhaust Manifolds: C3OE-9431-B & C4ZE-9430-A

Heads: C5OE-A

Balancer: Big Balancer with Hatchet C3OE-B

Fan and Shroud: 4 Blade Fan with Original Metal Shroud

Water Pump and Fuel Pump I believe have been changed maybe just serviced.

Original Radiator with a service tag from local radiator shop

Transmission:

HEH-T 4 Speed Toploader

Bellhousing C5DA-6394-A

Shifts Perfectly

Rearend:

The exclusive K Code 9”. Third Member Date Code 5C18

3.50 Gear Ratio

Tag is there

Correct Pinion Snubber Bracket

Body:

This car is a survivor. The paint is survivor quality. It does have touchups on it and chips on it. A lot of the paint looks original but I can’t say for 100% sure what is original is what isn’t. It all looks old.

The car is incredibly solid and 99.9% rust free. I’ve crawled all over this car. Underneath, inside etc. The ONLY spot of rust I see is on the driver’s rear quarter at the very bottom underneath of the quarter panel. The owner had put a couple custom touches on the car such as a couple marker lights in the quarter and fenders, a hood tach, luggage rack and some taillight panel layover lights which discolored the rear paint on the taillight panel. Some other custom touches were also added to the interior.

Trunk is extremely dry and solid.

Interior:

The interior is in great shape. Its truly been taken care of. All of the seats and dash pad are very nice with only very minor wear. The owner added a radio and a couple other items and gauges to the interior over the last 45 years which can all be removed.

There is no rust in the floors, frame rails, torque boxes, battery apron, bottom of doors, bottom of trunk nothing anywhere. Super solid and straight. Car is as dry or drier than a California or Arizona car. Its incredible.

VINS:

The original VIN is stamped on the LH apron, and the car has what appears to be its original door tag which matches the window sticker. I did not see a buck tag. Also, I scoured both the engine and transmission looking for VIN stamps and didn’t see any, which isn’t uncommon. This is a very early K car.

Spare Parts:

The car does come with some spare parts as seen in the pictures. NOS shifter, NOS door latch, original valve cover breather vent, distributor cap, and other odds and ends.

Buyer and Seller Responsibility

International Buyers More than Welcome.

I will help with shipping anywhere in the world but shipping cost is responsibility of the buyer. The car is sold as is-where is with no refunds or exchanges. The deposit is NON-refundable.
I encourage anyone to come and inspect the car before you buy it. It’s up to the buyer. You are not buying the car here for a chance to come and look. Please be serious. The car is almost 50 years old and has many original parts, so don’t expect a concourse car. 

Payment must be made via Bank Wire (preferred), in person with cash, cashier’s check can be sent but must clear the bank first. Full payment has to be made within 3 days of the auction end. Failure to make full payment in 3 days gives me the option to sell the car to another buyer and breaches contract. Deposit is non-refundable.

International buyers are more than welcome to buy the car. I am not responsible for any part of the car that was not disclosed is it’s hard to describe every inch of the car. Please look at all of the pictures, come see the car or call for more details! Accepting offers and car is also for sale locally so it could end at any time.

Clear Title!

For questions, or discussion on price call 304-228-4732.

www.americanmustangs.com

Buy It Now:  US $129,999.99

Or best Offer.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
Re: 1965 Ford Mustang 289 HIPO
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:28:51 PM »
Wow, big money
I must be out of touch with prices
6S373
6S1276

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:50:03 PM »
I would have thought that kind of money would get you a K GT with a Pony interior and the dealer installed T.V. And record player.

And nothing bolted to the hood or trunk.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 11:14:49 PM »
I would have thought that kind of money would get you a K GT with a Pony interior and the dealer installed T.V. And record player.

And nothing bolted to the hood or trunk.
.     Or at least legit. Original paint.....

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 12:44:52 AM »
Quite optimistic, guess they can always come down on the price.  Can't recall ever seeing a K code Mustang advertised over $100k?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

outlawincorporated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 07:55:36 AM »
so on the cars for sale section of this site its $95k but on ebay its a buy now at $129K

big difference for the same car???  what gives.
which ever way you look at it, that's some serious $$$

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE
AUSTRALIA.

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 09:03:52 AM »
“We wish them luck”, but it seems veeery optimistic...
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »
"Survivor"

Right, here we go again. Another word that can be added to the annoying words sellers use when advertising a car thread.

ALL cars are survivors by definition, they exist where others have perished.

Sellers should crack a book once in a while, preferably a dictionary.

Chris
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:46:54 AM by Chris Thauberger »
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 10:09:33 AM »
so on the cars for sale section of this site its $95k but on ebay its a buy now at $129K

regards.   When your going fishing you never know what size hook and bait to use!

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE
AUSTRALIA.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
  WAAAAAAY  too many items "personalized" to bring that kind of money. (IMHO anyway). Documentation is nice but a real world price "might be" half of the epay price on a supreme day. Only missing the fuzzy dice.
    Sorry to act like a downer but reality often smashes "dreams".
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:33:54 AM by gt350hr »
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 11:14:29 AM »
Respectfully-it has the whiff of "I bought it cheap and hope to hit a home run".  The question is always simple-is the car really for sale or not?       

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 11:19:16 AM »
Yes,...fuzzy dice
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 12:01:08 PM »
It's a kinda neat Day2-ish car, but looks like some of the mods required hole(s) to be drilled... fenders/quarters/hood.  Probably reversible, but with original paint, then becomes an issue of being 'stuck' with the mods or doing a full restoration.  Entry point would have to be around $25-30k to make restoration an option.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 12:30:30 PM »

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE
AUSTRALIA.

Makes you wonder who locked the thread after some of the questions started.  :o

Link to thread    1965 Mustang K Code Convertible survivor Style Car Same Owner Past 45 years

Couldn't have been the moderator, there isn't one.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Silver Bullitt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 02:29:08 PM »
My first question would be does the seller have the original factory data-plate for this convertible?