Author Topic: NOS 67 Fastback Rollbar - weld in  (Read 1617 times)

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
NOS 67 Fastback Rollbar - weld in
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:59:29 PM »
67 rollbar NOS.  This is a nos rollbar that Im selling for a friend that used to own a Ford dealer. He always had Shelbys and Cobras and they bought up a lot of dealer inventories .  He been giving me parts to sell for him.   This is something you dont see vey often even used as these are weld in roll bars /  This is new and never been installed  but it has a few issues from being in storage for 40 years .  On the bottom side the rubber coasting is compressed (Picture)  .  On the drivers side near the reel  mount area  towards the center there a small area that look like it was repaired with a small tear (pictured)   -  hard to see  when installed.   Ive seen dozens of roll bars for 69 Shelbys but in 43 years this is the first 67/68 Fastback bar Ive ever had in my shop to sell.  One of my customers supplied a nos bar on a restoration awhile back and he paid $4,000  for it.  This one is $2500  with the small issues described.  If anyone wants more detailed pics let me know and ill send them along . Very very rare item used or new,  the repos of these aren’t even close 920 434 3645   jim@shelbyparts.com .  parts trades considered!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:18:59 AM by acman63 »
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

acman63

• View Profile
Re: NOS 67 Fastback Rollbar - weld in
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 11:00:37 PM »
more pics
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:19:11 AM by acman63 »
SAAC Concours Chairman

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: NOS 67/68 Fastback Rollbar - weld in
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:07:07 PM »
Jim ,PM sent about your 67 roll bar.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

acman63

• View Profile
Re: NOS 67 Fastback Rollbar - weld in
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 10:21:49 AM »
new information on this bar.  , from how the rubber is cut for the inertia reel and the bolt location ,that is a 67 roll bar and not a 68 . It is easy to make a 68 roll bar into a 67 but because of the way the rubber is trimmed on a 67 roll bar you will not make a 67 roll bar look factory correct on a 68. It will fit and you can get the reel to bolt up with some modification but it will not look right for concours
SAAC Concours Chairman