News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Bad Choices By Ebay Seller

Started by Bob Gaines, December 13, 2018, 08:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Quote from: CharlesTurner on December 14, 2018, 03:07:54 PM
I recently pointed out to a seller on ebay that the battery topper they are selling with yellow caps and a decal to mimic the early 65-67 battery was not correct for the size of the topper (24F).  The auction stated that it was 'correct' for 65-66 Mustang and GT350.  Their response was to contact the company that makes the reproduction.

That's why someone with a yellow top original assembly line battery really needs to scan it and get a correct 22F reproduced. ;)

Whoever does that will forever be our hero.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on December 14, 2018, 04:19:49 PM
  You knew this was coming........

"I" would rather be corrected when I make a mistake and correct it than to argue and turn my mistake into PROVEN stupidity by arguing in front of my peers.

Randy

Nobody knows everything.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Special Ed

BGlover 67 i agree &  boy do i regret selling that autolite assembly line 22f battery for hundreds of dollars years ago & 5 years ago or so i paid $8000.00 for a autolite battery.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on December 14, 2018, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: CharlesTurner on December 14, 2018, 03:07:54 PM
I recently pointed out to a seller on ebay that the battery topper they are selling with yellow caps and a decal to mimic the early 65-67 battery was not correct for the size of the topper (24F).  The auction stated that it was 'correct' for 65-66 Mustang and GT350.  Their response was to contact the company that makes the reproduction.

That's why someone with a yellow top original assembly line battery really needs to scan it and get a correct 22F reproduced. ;)

Whoever does that will forever be our hero.
Someone came and did a 3D scan on my battery a couple months back for the purpose of duplicating . I am hoping he has made progress. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on December 14, 2018, 04:19:49 PM
  You knew this was coming........

"I" would rather be corrected when I make a mistake and correct it than to argue and turn my mistake into PROVEN stupidity by arguing in front of my peers.

Randy

Best to be thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Karguy

6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

Kent

8000??? Really for that money I have a company here that will built you 5 or more exact copies of the battery you need as long you have a original to scan

Quote from: Special Ed on December 14, 2018, 04:59:56 PM
BGlover 67 i agree &  boy do i regret selling that autolite assembly line 22f battery for hundreds of dollars years ago & 5 years ago or so i paid $8000.00 for a autolite battery.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Quote from: Kent on December 16, 2018, 05:17:35 AM
8000??? Really for that money I have a company here that will built you 5 or more exact copies of the battery you need as long you have a original to scan

Quote from: Special Ed on December 14, 2018, 04:59:56 PM

You must not have seen the $14,000 NOS battery on eBay a while ago?

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Kent on December 16, 2018, 05:17:35 AM

Good luck with that, an exact 3D printed piece from a scan will run over $1000-1500 each from what I've been learning.  Plus, it will have print texture on the surface... meaning, it will need a lot of work to make it look correct.  Then that's basically just a shell.  If wanting to make it functional, have to figure out how to put a small AGM battery inside, install lead posts and wire them to the internal battery. 

After all that, it's still just a copy, not the real deal. 
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

6s1640

Hi Silver Bullitt,

We could have a contest for the best (non-Pookie) misleading auction title and description.   Here is one:

"65 66 Shelby Mustang GT Original 14 Inch Styled Steel Chrome Wheel #2".  The description does provide some clarification, but still not accurate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/65-66-Shelby-Mustang-GT-Original-14-Inch-Styled-Steel-Chrome-Wheel-2/272949683996?hash=item3f8d11a71c:g:10QAAOSwc~laFY~R:rk:12:pf:0

Where do you draw the line on trying to correct a seller's title and description?  What is your thresh old for incorrectness?  I have mostly given up trying to convince  sellers to correct their auctions.   Sometimes I am successful and the seller is appreciative.  Other times no response and no change to the auction.  I have made a few inputs recenlty.  There are just too many.

Take care

Cory

Silver Bullitt

BGlover67

I'm sure you all realize that title words are now being used as a means to get recognized by the eBay search engine, rather than a true description of what is being auctioned.  Many of the items have nothing at all to do with Shelby's, but desperate sellers are trying to cast a large net.  Sad.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

Quote from: 6s1640 on December 20, 2018, 02:32:22 PM
Hi Silver Bullitt,

We could have a contest for the best (non-Pookie) misleading auction title and description.   Here is one:

"65 66 Shelby Mustang GT Original 14 Inch Styled Steel Chrome Wheel #2".  The description does provide some clarification, but still not accurate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/65-66-Shelby-Mustang-GT-Original-14-Inch-Styled-Steel-Chrome-Wheel-2/272949683996?hash=item3f8d11a71c:g:10QAAOSwc~laFY~R:rk:12:pf:0

Where do you draw the line on trying to correct a seller's title and description?  What is your thresh old for incorrectness?  I have mostly given up trying to convince  sellers to correct their auctions.   Sometimes I am successful and the seller is appreciative.  Other times no response and no change to the auction.  I have made a few inputs recenlty.  There are just too many.

Take care

Cory

"Burn the witch". How do you know they are a witch? Throw them in the water. If the drown, they are not a witch. If the float. They are. Then just burn them...oh, don't buy the car.

If you don't like what is on that station, stop complaining about it...change the channel.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 21, 2018, 07:13:45 AM
Quote from: 6s1640 on December 20, 2018, 02:32:22 PM
Hi Silver Bullitt,

Take care

Cory

"Burn the witch". How do you know they are a witch? Throw them in the water. If they drown, they are not a witch. If the float. They are. Then just burn them...oh, don't buy the car.

If you don't like what is on that station, stop complaining about it...change the channel.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!