News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Bad Choices By Ebay Seller

Started by Bob Gaines, December 13, 2018, 08:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 21, 2018, 07:13:45 AM
Quote from: 6s1640 on December 20, 2018, 02:32:22 PM
Hi Silver Bullitt,

We could have a contest for the best (non-Pookie) misleading auction title and description.   Here is one:

"65 66 Shelby Mustang GT Original 14 Inch Styled Steel Chrome Wheel #2".  The description does provide some clarification, but still not accurate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/65-66-Shelby-Mustang-GT-Original-14-Inch-Styled-Steel-Chrome-Wheel-2/272949683996?hash=item3f8d11a71c:g:10QAAOSwc~laFY~R:rk:12:pf:0

Where do you draw the line on trying to correct a seller's title and description?  What is your thresh old for incorrectness?  I have mostly given up trying to convince  sellers to correct their auctions.   Sometimes I am successful and the seller is appreciative.  Other times no response and no change to the auction.  I have made a few inputs recenlty.  There are just too many.

Take care

Cory

"Burn the witch". How do you know they are a witch? Throw them in the water. If the drown, they are not a witch. If the float. They are. Then just burn them...oh, don't buy the car.

If you don't like what is on that station, stop complaining about it...change the channel.  ;)
With that sentiment too bad for the poor smucks that buy into the BS I suppose?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 21, 2018, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on December 21, 2018, 07:13:45 AM
Quote from: 6s1640 on December 20, 2018, 02:32:22 PM
Hi Silver Bullitt,

We could have a contest for the best (non-Pookie) misleading auction title and description.   Here is one:

"65 66 Shelby Mustang GT Original 14 Inch Styled Steel Chrome Wheel #2".  The description does provide some clarification, but still not accurate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/65-66-Shelby-Mustang-GT-Original-14-Inch-Styled-Steel-Chrome-Wheel-2/272949683996?hash=item3f8d11a71c:g:10QAAOSwc~laFY~R:rk:12:pf:0

Where do you draw the line on trying to correct a seller's title and description?  What is your thresh old for incorrectness?  I have mostly given up trying to convince  sellers to correct their auctions.   Sometimes I am successful and the seller is appreciative.  Other times no response and no change to the auction.  I have made a few inputs recenlty.  There are just too many.

Take care

Cory

"Burn the witch". How do you know they are a witch? Throw them in the water. If the drown, they are not a witch. If the float. They are. Then just burn them...oh, don't buy the car.

If you don't like what is on that station, stop complaining about it...change the channel.  ;)
With that sentiment too bad for the poor smucks that buy into the BS I suppose?

Yep. Too bad for them. A little knowledge can be dangerous. Who is swindling who? I don't think I'd be sorry for someone who jumped all over the $2,300 shift knob. They probably would just turn around and try to get more for it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Jim Herrud

I realize that shysters won't be swayed by attempts to correct their intentional misrepresentations, but in the spirit of behaving as an enthusiast, I'd welcome unsolicited corrections to my Mustang take-off sales listings from knowledgeable folks. I appreciate folks from this community taking the time to review and highlight incorrect listings. I find it educational. Although I like to think I use due diligence when I am in the market, their actions to some degree, improve the accuracy of listings. I like the concept of Policing your Own.
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

Bob Gaines

First and foremost I have found if trying to make a positive connection with a seller in giving a heads up on a incorrect description is to be non confrontational. I typically explain the reason why and then end with wishing the seller well on his auction. Regardless of if you succeed or not you at least feel good that you did it in a honorable way the same way you would want to be contacted if the roles reversed. Unfortunately some sellers are a lost cause.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 21, 2018, 04:34:18 PM
First and foremost I have found if trying to make a positive connection with a seller in giving a heads up on a incorrect description is to be non confrontational. I typically explain the reason why and then end with wishing the seller well on his auction. Regardless of if you succeed or not you at least feel good that you did it in a honorable way the same way you would want to be contacted if the roles reversed. Unfortunately some sellers are a lost cause.   

I think the best bet is to post on this site to inform other members of misleading descriptions when appropriate.  This methods is a sure bet to help.

Take care

Cory