News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Highlands

Started by tblackgt350, December 14, 2018, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

Quote from: 1bigfish on January 30, 2019, 06:07:16 PM
I am planning to show my AC in the show and looking for a auto transport service to deliver my car to and from the event. I live in Bluffton SC. Please advise.

Even though he's based in Ohio, he travels all over the U.S. He has a single car enclosed & a single open trailer. With enough notice he might be interested in hauling your car. Check with your local classic car owners/shops and see if they know of a local transport in your area, good luck.

Bill Squires (owner)
Bill's Auto Works
(216)832-8697 cell NO TEXTS
billsautoworks1@aol.com

gjz30075

That says it best.  Thanks!
Greg Z
6S2249

BGlover67

Quote from: CSX 4133 on January 31, 2019, 11:42:07 AM
Quote from: gjz30075 on January 30, 2019, 07:23:07 PM
Quote from: tblackgt350 on January 28, 2019, 11:26:38 PM
They're telling me it's really not a concours, that they don't look at the underside of the cars and check to make sure every bolt and clamp is correct; that a lot of them do the driving tour of the mountains.

From what I understand, the main show has judging, more on the "d'elegance" level and the Shelbys are not being judged at all.

The brochure has the judging information within it and what specifically is covered. I have it relatively easy in that my Shelby will not be judged, but will be on display.

https://highlandsmotoringfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-brochure-highlands-motoring-festival.pdf

Looks great Steve!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

CSX 4133

The Highlands Motoring Festival is still a few days off, the Shelby is prepped and ready to go. Here's hoping and praying there is decent weather for the festival. Is everyone ready that's showing or attending?  I'm really looking forward to seeing the other Shelby/Cobra cars entered.

gjz30075

Steven, I'm ready and will be there in my Sapphire blue / stripes '66.     I see a blue B/Prod race car in the 'Featured Cars' section.
Is that yours?
Greg Z
6S2249

CSX 4133

It is Greg, unless there is another "look alike" GT350. Mine is also in Sapphire Blue, just a little less civilized. I'll be anxious to see your GT350, is your car in the judged section? Mine is purely on display and won't be judged.

gjz30075

I'm not sure.    I'm in the 'Shelby only' area/class, so, I guess I'll find out more when I get there.   I'll be caravaning up with Mark Hipp (kram350)
who just finished a full resto of 6S2072 and it's gorgeous.    I'm anxious to meet up with you, Denny and other Carolina guys.
Greg Z
6S2249

6S1568

Hi Guys, John Durai and I will there, rain or shine. I'll have my Hertz 6S1568 and John will have his 67 GT-350. We're looking forward to seeing everyone. Long range forecast is for thundershowers in the Highlands, shucks! 

CSX 4133

Praying the forecast changes for at least Saturday am, wouldn't want to trailer that far only to be rained out.    :'(

tblackgt350

I am ready to go with 6S330; looking forward to parking with a great bunch of cars. I'm registered for the tour of the mountains, don't know if I want to do that if its raining real hard.

shlby66

Will be there with my Shelby, rain or shine ( or both ). They don't melt. ;)

Doug

CSX 4133

The forecast is for heavy rain and a thunderstorm, at least for now. I'm holding off on my decision until probably Thursday evening.

stangman39

Hope the weather works out ok for all attending.
Looks like a great show I'd like to attend some day. 
Hard to get away for events like this with young kids!

CSX 4133

I'm going to have to cancel, heavy rain is in the forecast especially on Saturday. If the car were fully enclosed I might have been tempted to attend.

6S1568

Well the rain didn't keep us diehards away.

Doug Cresanta in his beautiful 1966 carry over car 6S188

Alex Stetynski with his 1965 5S478

John Baldwin with his Boles & Snopes vintage racer 6S1828

Pat Ryan with his 1967 GT-350

Dennis Greene with his Cobra Daytona Coupe

Me with 6S1568 Hertz

And finally Chuck Cantwell, former Shelby project manager was there to discuss his new book and sign copies.