Author Topic: Just in Case someone wanted to see what the SAAC43 award looks like for concours  (Read 4950 times)

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
Etched glass award for SAAC 43
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Wow!  It comes with the air cleaner cover also?  ;D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
Ah we can only dream
Looks nice
6S373
6S1276

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
The car showed well and was very nice.  It was fun to meet the owner and look the car over.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Etched glass award for SAAC 43

congratulation on your achievement, wishing you much continued success
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
Heres another less the engine
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Any chance on seeing detailed pictures of the car.  I as well as others I'm sure would love to see what made this car stand out from the rest.  Commentary on the pictures from the judges point of view would be great if possible.  As a lot of these cars are at a high level and I am sure it was hard.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Jim Cowles is the concours chairman. The car was judged at the previous convention ( six months ago). I am not sure the owner is in this thread?

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Any chance on seeing detailed pictures of the car.  I as well as others I'm sure would love to see what made this car stand out from the rest.  Commentary on the pictures from the judges point of view would be great if possible.  As a lot of these cars are at a high level and I am sure it was hard.

Some might not take kindly to such a exercise since the comments would likely also need to include those things that did not meet the expectations. Same reason magazines don't do this, only make general statements and post a few pictures. If they did it might be more difficult to get people to let them do articles in their magazines or so I've been told by the editors.

Just something to consider before one goes down the rabbit hole ;)

Do fully understand that we need to help and support those wanting to improve, study and appreciate the cars. That's why we are here. Just have a concern about shat some may consider or see as  “picking apart” another car when the owner is not requesting input since we often see that comment even with cars that are offered up on a public site for sale
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

Some might not take kindly to such a exercise since the comments would likely also need to include those things that did not meet the expectations. Same reason magazines don't do this, only make general statements and post a few pictures. If they did it might be more difficult to get people to let them do articles in their magazines or so I've been told by the editors.

Just something to consider before one goes down the rabbit hole ;)

Do fully understand that we need to help and support those wanting to improve, study and appreciate the cars. That's why we are here. Just have a concern about shat some may consider or see as  “picking apart” another car when the owner is not requesting input since we often see that comment even with cars that are offered up on a public site for sale

Jeff, I can appreciate the position of someone taking it as "picking apart" although I personnelly don't understand it.  I see it more as education and raising awareness to things that are correct and dismissing things that some thought were correct but are actually "folk lure" so to speak.  With the car winning gold, I assumed very little was incorrect thus wouldn't be an issue with sharing it.  No worries either way, just looking to learn  :)
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Mikelj5S230

• View Profile
These things are all deep, dark secrets, only known by the few SAAC elite that judge the cars, the common folks that own cars have no need to know these things, it would just confuse their simple minds........ :D
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I was on the judging team that judged Jim Boyd's car.  It was very well done, with original blue dots, assembly line battery and a lot of very rare parts.  I don't recall everything we deducted for, believe most of it was workmanship/condition type of things.  Not really my place to say exactly even if I remembered.  Best way to learn is by observing original cars and parts.  Then go to shows, look at more original cars, then restored cars, then get involved in the judging to learn the differences.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
These things are all deep, dark secrets, only known by the few SAAC elite that judge the cars, the common folks that own cars have no need to know these things, it would just confuse their simple minds........ :D

Yep - no sharing of all the deep dark secrets of how these cars were built and the history of them here on this site. And Judges would never let "outsiders" listen or participate in judging teams.   Just a bunch of old car owners discussing the weather & politics :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
I was on the judging team that judged Jim Boyd's car.  It was very well done, with original blue dots, assembly line battery and a lot of very rare parts.  I don't recall everything we deducted for, believe most of it was workmanship/condition type of things.  Not really my place to say exactly even if I remembered.  Best way to learn is by observing original cars and parts.  Then go to shows, look at more original cars, then restored cars, then get involved in the judging to learn the differences.

I agree Charles. Looking forward to this year seeing the cars and helping out. The help I have had from guys on and off the forum had been phenomenal.
Cheers
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 06:36:38 AM by GT350Lad »
6S373
6S1276

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com

Well, the simple mind is correct in this aspect. I guess we dont count half a dozen forums or multliple websites, where people can go for free information “sharing”.

There are a lot of issues with judging and I am surprised it took this long for the thread to turn south.