Author Topic: How many 1966 Gt 350's are owned and known?  (Read 7262 times)

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: How many 1966 Gt 350's are owned and known?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »
I see no reason why we can’t have both online and printed book Registries. Then each person decides what they want to pay for. More money for the club, and best of both worlds for the members. I’d probably pay for both.

I’d certainly pay extra for an editable PDF version of the Registry. Then I could do easy word searches when looking for specific info. Plus I could add data I learn about a car that’s not already there – after sending that new into to the registrar, of course. But I’m guessing this method of distribution is not practical because of the opportunities it would present to the ever present evil doers in our world.

I just hope the registrars have multiple backups stored in various, widely separated physical locations so the forum crash debacle can’t happen to any of the Registry data. I’m guessing that issue was considered and proper backups were arranged many years ago.

Steve

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 05:17:57 PM »
Steve, we all sadly assumed that adequate measures were being taken to back up Forum V.1 but we all know that was not the case.  It would be very reassuring to have someone in authority vouch that, should another "crash" occur, proper back-up is in place to save the information we've amassed in Forum V.2 since all the other went down "the rabbit hole".
5S071, 6S1467

TJinSA

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2019, 06:20:08 PM »
^^^^ Yeah, verily ^^^^
Tom Kubler
6S296