News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

MCACN 2018

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, January 30, 2018, 04:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

They let you unload in the building, it's looks chaotic but they actually have it under control. They gave secure lot got trucks and trailers and a shuttle that goes back and forth to the hotels and convention center. Bob Ashton and his crew are great to work with. They seem to work more around your schedule rather than theirs.
As for weather in 2016 it was like like this
Weds arrival 75 degrees and sunny
Thursday load in, more of the same
Friday they opened at 5:00pn and the day was beautiful with just a little cloud cover
Saturday, well Saturday was a little different, 40mph gust, show blowing sideways, and a wind chill that was supposed to be 16 degrees
Sunday, cold but clear for the move out
The move out was almost seamless except we got stuck behind a car that was running super rich and he stopped every 4 or 5 feet to talk to people. The show closed at 5:00 we were as far from the door as you could possibly be and we had to swing by the hotel to get our luggage and were still loaded and on the road by 5:45, and we probably would have been on the road at 5:30 except for the "buddy" in front of us
Great show, great cars and even greater people. Just wish it was not almost 800 miles away
This is one show you won't regret going to, it's that good
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

deathsled

I just applied to the non judged pick awards. Will see what they say. I will need to find a trailer shipper. Any recommendations are welcome.  I checked and I am 20 miles away. I could drive it but I'm going to opt for the trailer option given Chicago weather.

Best,

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

deathsled

$600 quote one way from a carrier that shall remain nameless. Driving option looking better and better option in the moment.

deathsled

Quote from: BGlover67 on September 28, 2018, 10:03:27 AM
This year, I believe, the are looking for long term ownership of a Shelby or muscle car.  Kieth can elaborate on this better. 

Amazingly, Kieth has owned his Shelby since winning gold at SAAC 11!  What you may not know is that his car fell into a very deep slumber after getting some enchanted oil from an Evil Queen.  It was only after Kieth realized his car would be awakened by a kiss from his car's one true love that the spell was finally broken.  Now, with the help of Jim Cowles, the car is out and about to be show in public again for the first time in many years.  I'm just trying to figure out where Kieth had to kiss 1615 to make it happen.  :o
Now that's some good writing and imagination. I like the imagery.

SFM66H

Quote from: deathsled on September 28, 2018, 06:32:50 PM
Quote from: BGlover67 on September 28, 2018, 10:03:27 AM
This year, I believe, the are looking for long term ownership of a Shelby or muscle car.  Kieth can elaborate on this better. 

Amazingly, Kieth has owned his Shelby since winning gold at SAAC 11!  What you may not know is that his car fell into a very deep slumber after getting some enchanted oil from an Evil Queen.  It was only after Kieth realized his car would be awakened by a kiss from his car's one true love that the spell was finally broken.  Now, with the help of Jim Cowles, the car is out and about to be show in public again for the first time in many years. I'm just trying to figure out where Kieth had to kiss 1615 to make it happen.  :o
Now that's some good writing and imagination. I like the imagery.

Funny, but a bit disturbing. That Brian guy is something else...

Kieth
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

Keith, I have a magazine (don't think Mustang Monthly tho) with a write up on you and your car from around 1985-86. I read the story over and over both as an undergrad and in professional graduate school.

Motivation.

Even have had a framed picture of it for over 30 years. Still have them. I need to dig up the magazine to remember if it was Sports Car Graphic or something else. The magazine name was never important to me. In fact, it was so used, the cover may have fallen off.

SFM66H

2112 - Thanks for your incredibly kind (and motivational to me comments).

These may be the images you are speaking of. If so, mad respect to you for reaching out to share your thoughts with us here.

Kieth

SFM66H

2112 -

BTW, my wife & I have been from Port Orchard to Gig Harbor to Tacoma, but never knew about Fox Island until this exchange. We both agree that Washington state is a very special place that we both love very much.

Thanks for reaching out here,
Kieth

deathsled

Drive ins are fine per Ashton. I'm in...

SFM66H

Well BGlover is a Dentist, don't worry unless he asks "Is it safe"?

deathsled

LOL!  Marathon Man!  He won't find any cavities or fillings in my mouth.  To date, I have none.  Don't know why, but I managed to avoid the dentist drill. 

Keith, that's it!

My love for Shelbys started about 10 years earlier, but seeing that article, and the level of restoration you took it to just shot me to the moon.

Absolutely one of the most beautiful cars ever. Not just Ford, Mustang or Shelby, All cars.

Amazing 😉

Quote from: SFM66H on September 29, 2018, 12:52:14 AM
2112 -

BTW, my wife & I have been from Port Orchard to Gig Harbor to Tacoma, but never knew about Fox Island until this exchange. We both agree that Washington state is a very special place that we both love very much.

Thanks for reaching out here,
Kieth

👍

When you cross the Narrows bridge eastbound, look South and you can actually see my house (along with many others) out on the end of Fox Island.

Pretty lucky to be here. Incredibly beautiful.