Author Topic: MCACN 2018  (Read 39150 times)

roddster

• View Profile
Re: MCACN 2018
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
  Wow.  I'm on MCAcN e-mail list and must have missed that little detail about long term owners.  My 67 was in the show last year.  So, this must be new.  Nice of them to recognize long lerm owners.  #0036 and I are approaching 47 years.
  Last years unloading could not have been easier.  I arrived at the time set, rolled right in, and off the trailer.  They had made arrangements for trailer parking a few blocks away.  At the shows end on Sunday evening, getting out (and back to the trailer) was easy also.  About 1/3 to 1/2 the entrants drove out and went a few blocks to thier trailer.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:40:58 AM by roddster »

bashton

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2018, 09:04:11 AM »
We are again really pumped and excited to present an incredible show and  to celebrate our TENTH Anniversary. YES...I am biased, but ask around as our best advertising are the people who join us.

The Official Unveiling of the Green Hornet will take place Saturday morning and the recently discovered Little Red will be on display right beside it, scheduled for Unveiling with us in 2019.

Our Original and Long Term Owners special display has over 30 participants including several Shelbys as you can see from previous posts.

We have our Shelby and Mustang Pinnacle certification and a variety of Shelbys and Mustangs throughout the show including another Unveiling Saturday morning of a 1971 SCJ 429 Mustang that is joining us from California and a GT500 KR in our Barn Finds & Hidden Gems area.

Most notable, although not Shelby related is that we will have Steven Juliano's Rapid Transit System Caravan cars right up front as the star of our featured Rapid Transit & Scat Pack Invitational display.

Although two of our Official Host Hotels are now sold out, we do have rooms with great rates at the Crowne Plaza, the aLoft and the Hyatt. There are direct booking links on our website along with all kinds of information. www.mcacn.com

If anyone needs more information, please feel free to e-mail me at bashton426@gmail.com

THANKS;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2018, 09:09:42 AM »
Anyone going to enter this year? I’ll be there in the long term high mileage Invitational
I only found out about a new class at this year's MCACN from my buddy Ruben ('67 #0022 & 6S030) in Texas called the "Long Term Owner's Classification." I would never have had the nerve to even try to enter my Hertz until I learned of this class. At over 42 years of ownership though, it met the 30 year minimum requirement for consideration.

Hi Keith, Gorgeous Hertz! How do you plan to get your car to the show? Do they allow drive in and show? I don't have a trailer therefore I would need to drive. Concern is possibility of inclement weather.
I have arranged for enclosed trailer transportation from local sources. And get this: from two car guys whom I had NEVER met before! True story. Other car guys helped me put the word out, and two great guys stepped forward. I had checked with Reliable Carriers etc., but I'm just too paranoid to have my car loaded up into some trailer a week or more before the show.

Re: If they allow a "drive in and show" - contact the Director, Bob Ashton, at bashton426@gmail.com and he will be able to answer any questions you may have. He's been fantastic with prompt correspondence. But it's almost October, so I'm not sure about the window of time left, not to mention the weather at that time of year...

We are truly honored to have you and Steve MacDonald joining us. Although many of the 550+ cars on display could be deemed "trailer queens" we LOVE the ones that aren't. Some of the best stories come from those who actually drive and enjoy their cars! I also have that issue of Guide to Muscle Cars in my collection.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:11:19 AM by bashton »

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2018, 09:27:41 AM »
For anyone who doesn't remember:  MCACN 2018 dates are November 17, 18 (Saturday and Sunday)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2018, 12:03:55 PM »
Brian
Are you coming this year?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »
Anyone needing accommodation for MCACN I can accommodate one carbon based life form at my house and a trailer in my driveway with car enclosed all at no cost. Caveat...I am 20 miles from show. BUT it is a straight run along 390 formerly known as the Elgin-O'Hare which ironically neither goes to Elgin not does it go to O'Hare. Garage space at house if you drive in. I can leave my Towncar outside. No problem.

Regards,

Richard Elsliger
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2018, 10:39:27 PM »
Brian
Are you coming this year?

Steve,

I can’t wait.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2018, 08:50:38 AM »
I'll be there.

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2018, 06:42:51 PM »
Anyone needing accommodation for MCACN I can accommodate one carbon based life form at my house and a trailer in my driveway with car enclosed all at no cost. Caveat...I am 20 miles from show. BUT it is a straight run along 390 formerly known as the Elgin-O'Hare which ironically neither goes to Elgin not does it go to O'Hare. Garage space at house if you drive in. I can leave my Towncar outside. No problem.
Regards,
Richard Elsliger

A very nice and generous offer..

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »
Regards,
Richard Elsliger

A very nice and generous offer..

TOB

Offer stays open until accepted, (if any takers).  Short notice no problem.  No ball and chain living here anymore telling me what to do or not do.  The Schnitzel maker returned back to Europe a long time ago.  (But the car stayed!!!)  LOL!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:21:21 PM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »
Just got the MCACN Program today and was “counting the Shelby’s “ I see that they are going to have both the Bordinat Cobra and the Cougar II ( booth are on A/C chassis. The Cougar II was always one of my favorite cars and I even had a model of it when I was younger. I saw it in Detroit at the Cougar 50th at Ford’s Headquarters. Hopefully they will have a drool bib for me to wear. I saw the picture of the red 68 Shelby with the girl in the bikini next to it. Imagine my surprise when I saw a picture of my 66Hertz car on page 49. Wow, what an honor. On page 51 they have a picture of the “Barn Finds and Hidden Gems” Red 1968 GT500 convertible. I know that a lot more cars are coming and I can’t wait to see them all
Anyone have a list yet?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »
Ah, you can include the 1967 Shelby coupe, Little Red to be shown as found in a field

....along with the new and improved 1968 Shelby coupe aka the Green Hornet now powered by Conelec EFI and making more horse power and more torque than a naturally aspirated 428 CJ.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:44:49 PM by Coralsnake »

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2018, 06:49:45 PM »
Quick update - anyone coming that has not self identified?

I’m in!!! Last minute call.  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2018, 07:40:38 PM »
Can’t wait to see all the cars

68GT350roadracer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2018, 07:26:40 AM »
I am going as a spectator.