Author Topic: Mustang Owners Manual Stamp in GT 350's  (Read 4207 times)

6s1640

• View Profile
Re: Mustang Owners Manual Stamp in GT 350's
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 01:11:31 PM »
Hi Tesgt350,

Both those owners manuals should also have the owner/dealer info filled out with the SAI VIN as the warranty number.  This is the only way to prove an original Mustang owners manual came from a GT350, assuming no tampering.  I would value them equally because they both have the same pedigree.  However, the stamping would add value.  I do not recall ever seeing an original manual offered for sale.  Vern might have an idea.

Cory

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 01:43:16 PM »
In addition to what Cory said, you also need to determine if the Mustang manual is indeed an original, repros have been around a long time.
Dave - 6S1757

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »
Yeah I have never seen a stamped manual for sale or many pics. Someone amongst us may share some pics. Value?
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 04:56:10 PM »
Hi Tesgt350,

Both those owners manuals should also have the owner/dealer info filled out with the SAI VIN as the warranty number.  This is the only way to prove an original Mustang owners manual came from a GT350, assuming no tampering.  I would value them equally because they both have the same pedigree.  However, the stamping would add value.  I do not recall ever seeing an original manual offered for sale.  Vern might have an idea.

Cory

+2  Wise advice from Cory! IMHO you would be hard pressed to find one in a Hertz car. (I am aware some did). Mine for example had the GT350 manual (1st printing , no holes) but not the Mustang manual. 6S477 is the number.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 01:15:59 AM »
Liability for the warranty if the stamp was not done in the book is a logical incentive to have it stamped. It was supposed to have been done. If no stamp most likely a replacement book. Not to say it is not beyond the realm of possibility to not have it stamped but highly unlikely given the stakes involved.

I know of a carryover with its original Mustang Owners Manual. It has the Owner Identification information filled in - including the VIN, owner name, dealer name, etc. That manual does not have the VOID stamp in it. So the exceptions are out there.

Steve

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 01:43:10 AM »
Liability for the warranty if the stamp was not done in the book is a logical incentive to have it stamped. It was supposed to have been done. If no stamp most likely a replacement book. Not to say it is not beyond the realm of possibility to not have it stamped but highly unlikely given the stakes involved.

I know of a carryover with its original Mustang Owners Manual. It has the Owner Identification information filled in - including the VIN, owner name, dealer name, etc. That manual does not have the VOID stamp in it. So the exceptions are out there.

Steve
Always are exceptions which is why I stated "Not to say it is not beyond the realm of possibility to not have it stamped" to cover that small but ever present percentage.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »

Steve

I think that means this car has the rare stamp delete option for the "VOID for G.T.350 Mustang owners manual. ;)

Cory