News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

BJ BK carb question

Started by BeaterGT500, December 18, 2018, 05:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 2112 on December 19, 2018, 10:43:22 PM
I am curious, how long does that once finish last?
If you mean the finish on a restored carburetor last then it depends on environment and fuel you use and if the fuel gets on the finish. The zinc silver and gold chromate finish's will deteriorate at different speeds. A couple years out in the real world being used and it starts to go away. The gold first and then the silver.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

owenkelley

I have the original BK carb for my car, but the PO had removed the dual four barrels and ran a single four intake with the one original carb. The BJ carb and intake was stolen from her garage, so when I bought the car that's all I got. I rounded up the correct intake and found a BJ carb, but it is too early of a date code. I asked a prominent Shelby enthusiast how important the correct date code was on the carb, and he told me he would just have it re-stamped with the proper date code. I chose not to do that......

Bob Gaines

Quote from: owenkelley on December 20, 2018, 05:06:02 PM
I have the original BK carb for my car, but the PO had removed the dual four barrels and ran a single four intake with the one original carb. The BJ carb and intake was stolen from her garage, so when I bought the car that's all I got. I rounded up the correct intake and found a BJ carb, but it is too early of a date code. I asked a prominent Shelby enthusiast how important the correct date code was on the carb, and he told me he would just have it re-stamped with the proper date code. I chose not to do that......
I am not sure how a already stamped date into the air horn of a carb could be re stamped successfully anyway. Carl's Ford will stamp on request the reissue carbs he sells however on those they are blank in that typical date area to begin with so it is not a issue.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

hertzdonut

Just spoke with Joe. Very easy to talk to.

Terry

tonys_shelby

For added info I sent my Carbs in to Holley for factory restoration and it was about the same money your talking about and I think the pictures of the ones Joe has done are better and I'm thinking I will have him do it right.