News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

frost plug

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, December 23, 2018, 03:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Hi---need set of 428 cobra jet frost plugs--thank you

1967 eight barrel

They are a standard 1 49/64 Doorman plug. I have an entire engine galley plug set. Core plugs are brass.

-Keith

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 02, 2019, 09:20:18 PM
They are a standard 1 49/64 Doorman plug. I have an entire engine galley plug set. Core plugs are brass.

-Keith
Assemblyline plugs will often have a diamond makers mark. Sometimes the makers mark is visible on the side that can be seen  from the outside and sometimes it will not be visible because the mark is stamped on the inside surface of the plug. If no diamond makers mark visible then the plug better be plain with no size markings or other trademarks visible. Many times the block is not painted well from the factory on the sides and the silver color of the plugs can be seen.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Dizzy

Ford # C8AZ 6026 A  by my book measures 1.76 like these

1967 eight barrel

The correct core plug size is 1 49/64.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

1967 eight barrel

Are those steel or brass plugs?

-Keith

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 04, 2019, 02:51:00 AM
Are those steel or brass plugs?

-Keith
Factory ones are steel . Brass ones are not but will not rust through like the factory ones. The OP has been trying to find a lot of factory type parts for a restoration.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

It appears they are overseas. I was trying to offer options.

-Keith.

mistabreez

I believe the updated Ford part number for these plugs is D7AZ-6026-B (10 per box). Years ago I bought two boxes to get a set with diamond logos all showing on the fronts.

C.J.

johnzajc@gmail.com

Hi--does anyone has them for sale---thank you

Dizzy

How many do you need? I only have the ones shown in my post near the beginning of this topic. Some have the marking facing out,others in. These are the C8AZ pieces and are correct for your application. Just let me know.

johnzajc@gmail.com

Thanks ---I would like to do entire car , plus some spare, how many would you sale, I believe there is 10 in the box-

Dizzy

johnzajc@gmail.com

Good - thanks done deal---send me payment information