News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

No Thunderbird or Pantera ?

Started by Coralsnake, December 24, 2018, 07:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

"these were auctioned off in 1988 for the shelby heart foundation"

That's a trick in itself, since CS didn't get his heart transplant until 1990, and he started the foundation after that.

Of course, when did anything like facts keep Pookie from trying to make a sale swindle...?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Bigfoot

I think most of those items could be bought off EBay or a car museum gift shop and just find a sharpie
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

Just another trip to Pookie's alternate Universe. The air gets thin up there.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TJinSA

Carl is at it again.

The 'S' on the larger photo sent me into a flashback to a near-identical signature start discussed recently (http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=4158.0).

Pookie MUST be on crack...
Tom Kubler
6S296

Chad

What the hell.  I think Pookie puts stuff like this on eBay just to make my blood boil!

That "open tourer"plaque is beyond bizzare...Anyone have any idea what's up with that???I hope the "artist"isn't on this forum....

TJinSA

The open tourer plaque was a 'decor' item sold at Hobby Lobby, IIRC.  "Special"?; hardly, but it is from the THE MAN himself--Pookie.
Tom Kubler
6S296

Sfm6sxxx

Apparently, CS didn't care about  having his treasures in matching/similar frames. 

However, I think that everyone is missing the obvious "tell" that supports Pookie's claims.  If you look at the photo with CS in his black Stetson, you can see Shelby's signature matting style.  He would have just the sides matted  with fabric from his Grandmother's davenport (sofa or couch for you youngsters). 

Either that or the picture is covering a long lost Rembrandt.

6S1114

SCJSTU

Burnsville,NC........Shelby's summer home
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

1967 eight barrel

I have always wondered how many thousands of dollars Pookie has duped from the unsuspecting. I know his account has been closed and re-opened at least three times.   I got burnt on a steering wheel in 2005. If I need something expensive and I am unfamiliar I bring it here to inquire. I wish I'd known long before. Too many out there just trying to make a quick buck.

I have no doubt this seller knows what he's doing. 
                                                                               -Keith

gt350hr

That "long time collector" has replaced " found in the trunk of a Boss 429 I used to own" . Pookie has cornered the market on gas cap emblems too. Just look at his offerings.
       Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on December 26, 2018, 01:36:52 PM
  That "long time collector" has replaced " found in the trunk of a Boss 429 I used to own" . Pookie has cornered the market on gas cap emblems too. Just look at his offerings.
       Randy

It's a new twist on "alternative facts". Now what you find riding around in a trunk is "original to the car". Let's face it. The current political atmosphere is based upon the current social structure. That is a basis of voters being dumber then dirt in droves and getting them to the poles on the "short bus"?

What confuses me though is how did the dumb people become the ones with money to spend on ridiculous $2,300 shift knobs? That makes no sense to me? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Also. Whatever happened to the observation of, "the people in the cheap seats boo the loudest", or is that what is going on here?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Therum

Why should Pookie stop when the buyers are a bunch of turnips or should I say turnips are smarter? It never occurred to me that a turnip would have a portfolio? Huh? Go figure?

I think logic blew out the window back down the road somewhere?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

There's a fool born every minute . P T Barnum IIRC .
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

1967 eight barrel

Millennials fall into said categories. However, to be fair: Until I fell into a couple forums there are things that have been perpetrated as fact because of misinformation from " experts " who wrote books.

Some of the sellers who have been around for years, one in particular who has thousands of listings on Ebay and Bob has mentioned has started gouging and being deliberately misleading. 
Exploitation of those new to the hobby often leaves a distaste to the point of walking away.  If we're not careful this is going to die with us who are in our late 40's, early 50's.
                                                                                 -Keith