Author Topic: IDLER PULLEY  (Read 1909 times)

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
IDLER PULLEY
« on: December 26, 2018, 03:12:54 AM »
I have 2 idler pulleys, one with only S on the pulley and other has DOAZ-8678-c on the bracket, which would tell me that this is 1970, and thus not correct for 1969 June production--appreciate if anyone can help--thanks

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: IDLER PULLEY
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »
I have 2 idler pulleys, one with only S on the pulley and other has DOAZ-8678-c on the bracket, which would tell me that this is 1970, and thus not correct for 1969 June production--appreciate if anyone can help--thanks
Those will work but if you are wanting one that is correct for the car Post a picture . Most likely the one with a S is the correct bracket however you need to post a picture because of the pulley. There are various front bearing covers on the pulley portion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 02:14:09 PM »
Thank you Mr. Gaines and Happy holiday, as usual you cam to rescue. The hardest think now days is to stay away from bogus parts to keep cars pristine as possible.                                                                                                                                     P.S.---- 66 K code convertible --------007  we sold to CHRIS BROWN knowing it will get face lift it deserves after 30 years in the barn.

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 01:01:29 AM »
This is one with S-- one with DOAZ 8678-B we sent out for bearing work

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 01:34:03 AM »
This is one with S-- one with DOAZ 8678-B we sent out for bearing work
You can use that one  with the S. The bracket is phosphate/oil. The pulley is semigloss black . The center bearing cover is phosphate/oil
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 03:05:55 AM »
Thanks--one less think to worry about-----Do you have NOS big block frost plugs  ????

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 10:55:20 AM »
Thanks--one less think to worry about-----Do you have NOS big block frost plugs  ????
Sorry no.