News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

any comments?

Started by acman63, December 26, 2018, 10:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

TJinSA

I think this one actually started with a request to this forum before going to eBay:
http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=3028.msg36452;topicseen#msg36452

speculation erupted after it showed up for auction.
Tom Kubler
6S296

acman63

That thread got so long I didnt see the connection.   Did anyone notice the re-inforce bracket for the export is not there?
SAAC Concours Chairman

CharlesTurner

It's a cowl off an NJ car, not attached, looks like it's just laying in place.  Note the 'PAINT OK' inspector stamp in one of the images.

In the link to the pics, there's a pic of an export brace and the reinforcement from the original cowl... or what appears to be the original.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

TJinSA

from the presence of re-pop, recovered, and FoMoCo tin, it looks like the project stalled early to mid 80s.  Bump in the front/Leaky cowl/rust bubbling at the bottom of the quarters and the crustiness of the stripped metal indicates same.  So much original still there, but ... needs everything closely examined.  This one will not be a quick spray and out the door, but doesn't look like a bad car.  Looks like it was stored in a leaky location from the amount of standing water evidence; I moderately wonder about rot to floor pan.  Disassembly doesn't look all that professional; take a cautionary note on the shape of the trim.  8k miles?  Rough 8k. 
Tom Kubler
6S296

GT350Lad

Quote from: acman63 on December 26, 2018, 11:27:29 AM
That thread got so long I didnt see the connection.   Did anyone notice the re-inforce bracket for the export is not there?

Well caught, all looks a bit odd back there, so it's got a grafted in cowl?
6S373
6S1276

acman63

I tried to see if there was a hole in the dash for the tach and cant tell
SAAC Concours Chairman

TJinSA

there was, about 1/2" round, with screw holes to either side
Tom Kubler
6S296

1967 eight barrel

So with a purchase price of 80K, parts and restoration it becomes a 300K '66 350?

shelbydoug

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on December 26, 2018, 06:44:52 PM
So with a purchase price of 80K, parts and restoration it becomes a 300K '66 350?

NAH! 299.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Quote from: acman63 on December 26, 2018, 04:45:37 PM
I tried to see if there was a hole in the dash for the tach and cant tell

In other pictures posted they were there.

Besides other sheet metal replacement the top of the cowl was replaced by one (well sort of just sitting there not really attached) from a NJ built Mustang it appears. Also the export brace support is off in the pile of parts

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on December 26, 2018, 06:44:52 PM

Not sure about the 300K but yes like so many other 66's. One of the reasons original metal often comes up when describing or asking about the history of one of these cars
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge