Author Topic: No Thunderbird or Pantera ?  (Read 3545 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: No Thunderbird or Pantera ?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
Millennials fall into said categories. However, to be fair: Until I fell into a couple forums there are things that have been perpetrated as fact because of misinformation from " experts " who wrote books.

Some of the sellers who have been around for years, one in particular who has thousands of listings on Ebay and Bob has mentioned has started gouging and being deliberately misleading. 
Exploitation of those new to the hobby often leaves a distaste to the point of walking away.  If we're not careful this is going to die with us who are in our late 40's, early 50's.
                                                                                 -Keith

I've got no problem with the counter posting of deceptive auctions or sales here. In fact, other then getting a court order to suspend them, there isn't much else anyone can do.

Here's an observation from me. Similar observations can probably be confirmed by other long time enthusiasts?
Every so often, I run into an original owner of a Shelby product. A very high percentage of them have never heard of SAAC. I often wonder if they know that they are driving a Shelby and not a Corvair or a Fiat?
Some people can't be helped.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:15:32 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 09:21:51 PM »
I agree. You can't educate those who aren't interested or know everything already!

-Keith

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 10:52:42 PM »
I'm surprised that Marty hasn't been physically assaulted for some of the stuff he's done.  It's unfortunate that he's strayed so far from decency and only focused on the almighty dollar. 
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 02:04:32 AM »
I'm surprised that Marty hasn't been physically assaulted for some of the stuff he's done.  It's unfortunate that he's strayed so far from decency and only focused on the almighty dollar.

Charles, sadly integrity is rapidly becoming a rare quality.  I guess I am anachronism.

-Keith