Author Topic: MCACN 2018  (Read 39127 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Re: MCACN 2018
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »
It nice to see 3 66 Shelby’s at the show and to have them all Hertz cars was even better and to have all different colors was the icing on the cake.
Maybe we talk Bob Ashton into having a Rent A Car Invitational one year,we could one each of the 66 Colors (Black/gold, Blue/gold, Red/gold, White/gold, and Green/gold) plus a couple of 68 and 69 Shelby’s, throw in some Hertz Cougars and we could have an easy 10-12 cars , heck maybe we could find a Hertz Corvette or two to fill in the gaps
With Keith’s car and Deathsled I felt like the plain girl at the dance
Awesome show, fantastic cars and incredible people
Put this one on the bucket list
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »
   Steve ,
      How about the rarest Hertz color combination , White with blue stripes? It's a long drive but maybe I could transport mine to the show.
      Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

SFM66H

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2018, 06:58:41 PM »
A couple years ago, I worked with Brian Poe (6S1890 Hertz) to create this banner. We wanted to illustrate the five different colors of Hertz cars, and I really wanted the original PR photograph included on it as well, to illustrate the history of the program. Brian's car is the beautiful black one on the upper right.

Ironically, my white car is the most incorrect one of all, as only one prototype (or two?) were equipped with 10-spokes in the original PR photos.

Randy - we may have to redo this now to include the White/Blue striped Hertz cars!

But it's a nice way to make a visual comparison of all the different car colors available with the Hertz gold livery in 1966.

Kieth

1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »
Now that is a cool poster, are they selling them anywhere?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »
Steve;  you are no so famous now.  as well as the guy taking the picture

This was in a local Chicago Newspaper and a non shelby friend of mine sent it to me
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:30:12 AM by acman63 »
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2018, 08:02:07 PM »
Wife set it up, plus she helped clean the car

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2018, 10:25:11 PM »
Steve;  you are no so famous now.  as well as the guy taking the picture

I LOVE the pictures of Kieth in the background taking a shot of his trophy on the hood of 6S1615.

Priceless  8)
Nothing beats a classic!

SFM66H

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »

I LOVE the pictures of Kieth in the background taking a shot of his trophy on the hood of 6S1615.

Priceless  8)

Well, I actually feel kind of wierd about it now. I certainly had no idea that it would be witnessed by anyone. My show partner Boss 302 Kevin didn’t even know I did that, and told me later that he wished I would have told him about the idea.

It occurred to me only while walking back from the awards ceremony that it would be the only opportunity I would EVER have to take a photo like that at the very place where it happened.

It was going to be a discreet moment, or so I thought.

Embarrassing...

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2018, 11:44:45 PM »
Not embarrassing when a car looks as nice as yours
Thanks for all the little tips about making mine “more correct” , the level of detail on your car is astonishing

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2018, 11:59:58 PM »

Priceless  8)

Well, I actually feel kind of wierd about it now. I certainly had no idea that it would be witnessed by anyone. My show partner Boss 302 Kevin didn’t even know I did that, and told me later that he wished I would have told him about the idea.

It occurred to me only while walking back from the awards ceremony that it would be the only opportunity I would EVER have to take a photo like that at the very place where it happened.

It was going to be a discreet moment, or so I thought.

Embarrassing...

Nothing to be embarrassed about Kieth.  Hands down one of the coolest pics.  Love the way the crystal in the award picks up the colors from your car.  :D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

SFM66H

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2018, 12:12:29 AM »
Hah! Thanks Brian. The only thing I had to set that heavy crystal on was a piece of sheet foam that I had in the trunk to protect the trunk mat from a plastic box of paperwork in there.

Peg said the exact same thing about the colors when she first saw the photo. Again, completely by accident.

SFM66H

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2018, 12:21:11 AM »
Not embarrassing when a car looks as nice as yours
Thanks for all the little tips about making mine “more correct” , the level of detail on your car is astonishing

Thanks Steve, you are too kind.

Did your wife tell you about how I commandeered the dust mop away from the maintenance woman and painstakingly removed “your” pile of dirt from behind the beam?

Steve kidded around all weekend about that being “his dirt” but I knew better. His car shined brilliantly. I saw him wax it at LEAST four times myself!

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2018, 07:04:24 AM »
Keith, that really was my dirt, we cleaned about two dustpans full of dirt out of the wheel wells and the tires and wheels. As for waxing it, I usual do it at a show a couple of times. Wife will point out all the places I miss. She does the windows and interior and places on the outside she thinks needs more.
The MCACN Show is so great not only because of the shear number of cool cars but the stories behind each one. Where else could you walk by 7 L88 Corvettes in a row, perfect Hurst Olds, and even supercharged Studebakers and not stop to look at each one

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2019, 10:59:56 AM »
Hemmings Muscle Machines page 36 of the March 2019 issue has Kieth's and Kevin Jones' cars.

Congrat's guys...

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2019, 03:16:48 PM »
Hemmings Muscle Machines page 36 of the March 2019 issue has Kieth's and Kevin Jones' cars.

Congrat's guys...
Both of those cars were incredible with the amount of details, learned a lot by listening to them and having them point out various things. My proudest moment of the show was when the concours judges looked at something in the trunk on my car to verify it on Keith’s Car. Not sure what it was but I heard one say “it’s correct” . I was honored to be next to two great examples