Author Topic: Interior  (Read 1560 times)

Dunerider777

• View Profile
Interior
« on: December 28, 2018, 11:54:26 AM »
I am getting ready to purchase a new interior for 6s1164 as I am nearing this point in the restoration. I wanted to find out if there is a preferred manufacturer to use. Looking to get something as close to original as possible. Thank you. 

1967 eight barrel

Re: Interior
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »
I went with TMI. I have a 1967 Shelby, so I wound up having to pick up components from several manufacturers. The fit of the upholstery is very good. However, door panels, kick panels and the dash pad came from others.

-Keith

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 07:19:08 PM »
I heard TMI is the best but see what Brant from VC recommends
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Brant

• SAAC Member
  • www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »
I just recovered a set of seats to replace the originals in my '65.

I did it for comfort, and wow, is it a huge difference. We used what I sell...TMI brand seat foam and seat upholstery. Installed properly, it looks fantastic, and the new seat foam is really great! Original foam is over 50 years old. Even if it's in good shape, it can't compare to brand new foam.

I've been handling this brand for quite some time, and use it in all of my restorations.

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:02:41 AM »
Here are a couple of pictures. I used their seat pads and had them make custom color covers. I have '66 white, not '67 Parchment.
                                                    -Keith