Author Topic: Someone using the 5S306 number  (Read 5060 times)

1967 eight barrel

Re: Someone using the 5S306 number
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 09:00:13 PM »
Fake tag fake car
Ignorant assertion.,A reproduction tag doesn't make it a fake car. My Shelby was driven under the rear step of a concrete truck.  I had to replace all the sheet metal but the frame rails from the shock towers forward.  The ford vin is correct for my vehicle, as is the title. The vehicle had been off the road since 1977. Marti did the repo tag and the ford vin on the LF apron.  Assumption is the mother of all F-ups.

-Keith

SHELB66

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 02:19:30 AM »
^^^ Read post #6 then read post #8.  It's just an answer to a question.  I don't believe an "ignorant assertion" is being made in this instance.  You are correct as a reproduction tag in no way is indicative of a fake car but should raise a few eyebrows and lead to some further questions as to why the original is missing.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 02:24:11 AM »
No, I concur on what we know and why in this case of this vehicle My point was only that I have seen many have Marti make a new tag and include the original with the sale. The originals were beat to hell and looked horrible a full restoration.

-Keith