News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Tilt-A-Way Steering switch

Started by Corey Bowcutt, December 30, 2018, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

Can any one tell me if this is the correct door switch for the tilt-A-Way steering mechanisms?

If not what is the correct switch?  Is the switch the same one used for the courtesy lights?

Why I am at it I have searched for NOS courtesy lights switches and I see some that have a black button some with white.  I see some all plastic and some with a metal base.  What is most correct for a February built GT350?

I currently do not have any tilt-a-way hardware in my car.  I have purchased all the pieces and am getting ready to install but trying to figure it all out.  This is the switch that was in the car but the harness I bought does not plug into it so I assume it is not correct?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on December 30, 2018, 06:26:47 PM
Can any one tell me if this is the correct door switch for the tilt-A-Way steering mechanisms?

If not what is the correct switch?  Is the switch the same one used for the courtesy lights?

Why I am at it I have searched for NOS courtesy lights switches and I see some that have a black button some with white.  I see some all plastic and some with a metal base.  What is most correct for a February built GT350?

I currently do not have any tilt-a-way hardware in my car.  I have purchased all the pieces and am getting ready to install but trying to figure it all out.  This is the switch that was in the car but the harness I bought does not plug into it so I assume it is not correct?
Maybe if you post a picture.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

Courtesy light switches white black buttons with 2 lock tabs. Tilt has metal bezel with flat sides and black domed button

Corey Bowcutt

Oops completely forgot to add photos.

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you Tim that is very descriptive. From that description I would say mine is not correct. It does not have the flat sides you mention.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on December 30, 2018, 10:52:41 PM
Oops completely forgot to add photos.
Giving confirmation as you suspected that is not a tilt switch.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you Bob. Does anyone know a good source?

TLea

They are now reproduced. When they first came out 1 of every 3 didn't work but I think they got the bugs out

Bob Gaines

Corey Bowcutt

gt350shelb

tilt switch is same as earlier ford car dome light switch . might be same as 64.5 earlier falcons?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

prototypefan

Are the relays available anywhere?

Are 68 the same as 69-70 Shelby?

Coralsnake

Very few parts are available new. The air canister and hoses are the only ones that comes to mind.

I believe the relays are the same, but may have a different part number.