News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Tilt-A-Way Steering wiring question

Started by Corey Bowcutt, December 31, 2018, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I purchased a new tilt-a-way steering harness from Pete and I am now trying to figure out where all the connections go.  I do have the '67-'69 Mustang Tilt-A-Way column repair and diagnostic manual but it only goes so far in helping me.  I understand where all the connections go on the end of the cable that connects to the relay, valve... but am having a hard time figuring where the connections on the other end of the harness go?

1) it looks like one one connector with two male pins would plug into the door jamb switch?
2) there is a similar female 2 pin connector but not sure what this plugs into?
3) there are two single wires with male pins and both wires are yellow with black stripes, where do these go?
4)There are two 4 pin connectors one with 1 male and 3 female and one with 1 female and 3 males pins.  Where do these go?  This harness was not in my car when I purchased it so I am not replacing an existing harness.  I am wondering if when you remove this harness you plug the 2 four pin connectors together under the dash.  Meaning I would need to unplug them and plug this harness between them?  But I am just guessing.

I guess I have one last question with regard to green and orange wire with the inline fuse, does that go to a receptacle that has continuous power even when car is off or does it go to switched power that is off when the car is off?  I assume the latter but wanted to make sure.

Thank you for any help or pictures you could provide.  I would love to finally get my Tilt-A-Way functioning.

Corey

Coralsnake

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you Pete!  I believe I finally understand it all.  But just a few points of clarification.  The white and black 2 pin connectors I am assuming just go between the courtesy light switch and its plug correct?  And secondly two "tilt door switch just plug right into the back of that switch and does not matter which is which correct?

I have one final question (I think), where do I run the vacuum lines thru the firewall?

Corey

Coralsnake

TLea

Thanks Pete, that saved me a ton of typing. Hose exits firewall near center top. Early cars had small hole punched with drift. Later cars had 3/4" hole with grommet