Author Topic: Forum oversight?  (Read 6061 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Forum oversight?
« on: January 01, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
I noticed that in the personal profile section, an individual only has two choices “male” or “female”

I am quite certain this was a simple oversight and not intended to offend those SAAC members from Florida and California.

Hopefully the management can add a third gender.

:)

68countrysedan

• View Profile
Re: Forum oversight?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:19:11 PM »
Only three? Aren't there more?

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »
I noticed that in the personal profile section, an individual only has two choices “male” or “female”

I am quite certain this was a simple oversight and not intended to offend those SAAC members from Florida and California.

???

You mean like Human, non-human, other?  :o

you gonna get nasty emails!  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 04:01:47 PM »

Male

Female

Floridian ???
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Builder 2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »
3 would work, he-she or it.

werthie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 09:57:50 PM »
i know this was meant in jest.  i'm from California, and i don't take offense.  that said . . . .

for those of you who have Netflix, i urge you to put the Belgian film "GIRL" on your watch list.  it's not streaming yet, but it will be soon.  the movie is already 87% on Rotten Tomatoes and has been nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Film.

the movie tells the story of a 15-year-old transgender girl (i.e., a girl born into the body of a boy) with two goals in life:  to become a ballerina and to undergo the gender-confirmation surgery she needs to fully transition.  it's a highly sensitive film that makes us share the lead character's anguish, as she deals with struggles that very few of us can even imagine.

fortunately, most of us on this Forum will never have to deal with this issue directly.  while it's easy to joke about, the folks who suffer from gender dysphoria -- estimated to be more than 1% of the population -- are in real pain and suffer incredible discrimination and humiliation, through no fault of their own. 

GIRL isn't a perfect film or a masterpiece, but it should be seen by people like us, who have no idea what these unfortunate people have to deal with.

thanks for reading . . . .

alan
csx2563
6S929

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 01:07:20 AM »
but it should be seen by people like us, who have no idea what these unfortunate people have to deal with.
Also from CA. It's called life. They chose it they can deal with it. Too much of this states $ (read that mine) is spent on stupid social issues that if unfunded would go away.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 01:59:31 AM »
West coast is the best coast.....

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 02:57:09 AM »
I personally will not contribute to those who live in delusion and support their lies. You are male or female, based on if you have a penis or a vagina. There are two genders, period.
It's mental illness. Those who even elect to make the changes still have the highest suicide rate.
By the way, facts don't care about your feelings.
My mother is a retired psychologist who worked as a social worker in Los Angeles. She'll tell you the same thing. The state started menacing in scientific fact and at the threat of termination forced social workers not to try and help those who were dealing with "dyphoria."  There's nothing positive about California. It went to hell about 20 years ago. Funny they always have money to pay system leaches, but not those who served and protected the people of California and wound up having to endure 26 surgeries because of a drunk illegal with two priors who the state elected not to remove.
If the SAAC ever caves to political correctness it can go straight to hell. I will wash my hands of it.

-Keith

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 08:50:52 AM »
lmao...couldn't be greener with envy

should be the...greensnake... lmao

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 08:53:33 AM »
lol, says the guy with the WORLDS BEST SHELBY living in the frozen tundra...lol

Male

Female

Floridian ???

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 08:56:46 AM »
to all the haters always remember this:

American first and Southern by the grace of God!

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 12:05:30 PM »
Wow is this a forum pertaining to the world champion vehicles produced by Shelby American Inc. and Shelby Automotive? You guys are confusing me with your politics AND anger...As far as Cali. Is concerned, if you don’t like it you can split...As a native Californian I’ve seen you come AND go...which is fine.... ::)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 12:49:19 PM »
brother Trent +1
we are SAAC

Wow is this a forum pertaining to the world champion vehicles produced by Shelby American Inc. and Shelby Automotive? You guys are confusing me with your politics AND anger...As far as Cali. Is concerned, if you don’t like it you can split...As a native Californian I’ve seen you come AND go...which is fine.... ::)

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Forum Guide

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 12:54:02 PM »
Gentlemen... and ladies...

Lighten up.

Its OK to be slightly irreverent and non-automotive in the The Lounge...
...but stay on the asphalt and off the gravel.

This is too close to the edge.

Don't be the first to get black-flagged.

Thanks