News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Rust products

Started by 2112, January 01, 2019, 01:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

propayne

Good info - thanks for posting.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Wedgeman

TJinSA

I spotted a really interesting product while searching for replacement glass-- ECS Automotive http://www.ecsautomotive.com/index.php had a product named RPM.  Has anyone used it, and what is your experience?
Tom Kubler
6S296

kingchief

I LOVE the stuff!  Put it on my bare metal parts [like 1" front stabilizer brackets] and NO rust! I have heard that it {RPM} is also praised on other sites.

Cheers,

Steve
SFM 6S406

CSX 4133

With the RPM product it's definitely a more labor intensive process (pre heating each part prior to brushing on RPM) versus Beoshield or Sharkhide. They all do a great job, irrespective of price.

1967 eight barrel

I used the ECS product.  You can use a quality heat gun to warm them up. It doesn't require regular reapplication. The heat process wicks the moisture from the iron. Boeshield is okay, but leaves a waxy residue that picks up dust and requires reapplications on a regular basis.
He also makes a firearm product that is fantastic. It also resist fingerprints.

-Keith

csheff

I use a product called Gibbs, u can also use it on parts that are to be painted. Works very well.

propayne

Anyone use any of these on chrome?

For instance, wondering how that Boeshield Rust Free rust and stain remover would work on chrome rims.

Saw something called "Evapo-Rust" on a show about SEMA.

- Phillip

67350#1242

The Boeshield rust free product is phosphoric acid - would not advise using on chrome.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

J_Speegle

Quote from: propayne on January 08, 2019, 11:22:26 AM
Saw something called "Evapo-Rust" on a show about SEMA.

Guys have been using this product for maybe 10 years or more. More of a rust bath. Soak for 24 hours removes all rust, leaves nice fresh surface but doesn't really leave a long lasting rust protection. Sill not touch paint or paint marks so helps there also.

Its been a little expensive for some and there has been a number of knock-offs made by other companies in recent years

I did use it on one application where I hooked up a pump and rand a flush over a section of the unibody to flush out a seam and sheet metal panel overlap. Did the job it appears - 10 years later
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

propayne

^^^ Thanks Jeff, I haven't checked on the price.

Evapo-Rust manufacturer claims it does not hurt chrome.

Was thinking of trying it on some rare Rader wheels that I have. Aluminum centers with chrome hoops.

Some spots of rust on the hoops. Perhaps could then go over it with some "Quick-Glo", which is a cleaner, polisher and waxer to help prevent the rust from coming back.

- Phillip

The Best deal I have found on Evapo-Rust is in the 5 gallon pail from Harbor Freight.