News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Wanted 69 hood peak moulding

Started by torinocj, January 31, 2018, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torinocj

Looking for original or repop moulding for the front edge of the hood on a 1969 Shelby.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: torinocj on January 31, 2018, 05:24:42 PM
Looking for original or repop moulding for the front edge of the hood on a 1969 Shelby.
I got 2,000.00 for the last NOS one I had within the last year. Maybe that price will encourage others to get their NOS ones off of the shelf to offer. All I have are nice used now.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Try contacting Jim Cowles at Shelby Parts in Green Bay, he maybe able to help

shlb69

69 GT350 Vert

Tony Branda developed a new repop version recently, but it does not mount the same as the originals did.  I will also need one of these eventually when I finally paint and install the restored original hood on my car. 

torinocj

Thanks. Located one and should have it soon. Glad to hear there will be a repop available since originals are getting quite scarce.

shelbymann1970

The last batch of repops before the current ones were spot on. I bought one of the last ones Branda had(last 2)  as well as an NOS one at the same time. The repops now- while they work- do not mount like the originals. I put my NOS one away. :) Used ones hit Ebay from time to time.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

acman63

The current repos are aluminum and dont mount like the factory .  We dont recommend them and dont stock them.  I tell my customers that if we order one  they own it. no returns  pretty blunt about the differences before we take an order .  Not sure why they didnt make them proper.   
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member