Author Topic: Engine Gauge Feed Harness  (Read 1828 times)

rbarkley

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Engine Gauge Feed Harness
« on: January 04, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »
I had to replace the engine gauge feed harness as I had purchased a small block application.

Questions ...
Is this the right one?
Does this require the ignition coil to be mounted to the intake rather than to the DS cylinder head?  It looks like the wires will be too short unless I move it from the cylinder head.   
Are all three j hooks used for the wiring harness along the valve covers?
What happens with the oil pressure line since it is no longer used?  Taped off with black electrical tape?

Thanks
Ron

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Engine Gauge Feed Harness
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 09:03:30 PM »
I had to replace the engine gauge feed harness as I had purchased a small block application.

Questions ...
Is this the right one?
Does this require the ignition coil to be mounted to the intake rather than to the DS cylinder head?  It looks like the wires will be too short unless I move it from the cylinder head.   
Are all three j hooks used for the wiring harness along the valve covers?
What happens with the oil pressure line since it is no longer used?  Taped off with black electrical tape?

Thanks
Ron
It looks about right . I suppose you will know when you attach it . The coil goes on the passenger side head unless it is a thermactor equipped car. in which case it is mounted on the intake. The white with red stripe oil sender wire is snipped off where the wire leaves the wrapping . Typically it is not taped. There is no need. It is not connected to anything and it doesn't go to any gauge. I have seen some with  a piece of tape but that is out of the ordinary.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rbarkley

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 09:51:59 AM »
Very good.  Thank you Bob!

I will snip the oil sender wire and leave the j hooks in place along the valve cover.  Ignition Coil - passenger side on GT500 big block?

Ron

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 10:22:49 AM »
Drivers side

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 11:56:07 AM »
Driver's side intake in my case.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:28:37 PM by 1967 eight barrel »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 07:25:34 PM »
Very good.  Thank you Bob!

I will snip the oil sender wire and leave the j hooks in place along the valve cover.  Ignition Coil - passenger side on GT500 big block?

Ron
Driver side on the forward intake bolt is typical for bigblock. SB is on passenger side head.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby