News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Piece of firewall pad needed 1966

Started by Shawn, January 04, 2019, 07:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

Hi - does anyone have a small section roughly 18"x12" of original firewall pad?  Its the dimple style and I'm missing a section of my original pad.  I've come up with a way to seem a piece in if I can locate rather than use a repo.

If you have an old worn pad and could cut a section off I'd be interested.  PM if you do along with asking price.

Thanks

Shawn

Shelby_r_b

Hi Shawn,

Can you post a pictures of which section you're looking to replace?

Thanks,
Ruben
Nothing beats a classic!

6s1640

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on January 05, 2019, 09:22:19 AM
Hi Shawn,

Can you post a pictures of which section you're looking to replace?

Thanks,
Ruben

Hi Ruben,

If you have a damaged donor pad, I'd like to see if I could also get a Kennedy size half dollar piece for the heater delete hole for the hose.  I would make a cutting die to then cut down to size.

Thank you

Cory

6S1568

Hey Rubin, I need a piece about three inches by two inches to fill in a hole. So..........if you have some please PM me too. Thanks, Denny

J_Speegle

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 05, 2019, 01:28:39 PM
If you have a damaged donor pad, I'd like to see if I could also get a Kennedy size half dollar piece for the heater delete hole for the hose.  I would make a cutting die to then cut down to size.

Just should mention that not all San Jose pads had round holes punched in them for the heater hoses and I do have a few pictures of heater delete cars with the heater hose holes still punched out from 65 San Jose examples.  Ones a 6 cylinder car so don't think it was mess with.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Shawn

Here is a picture of the firewall pad from my 66. 

Shawn

Still looking for a piece of original pad.  As you can see from the picture within the thread its a relatively small piece I'm missing.  It is the drivers side lower by the pedals.  If you have this section great or any piece that can be blended into the missing parts will also work.

Thanks

Bossbill

Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

6S1568

BIG thanks goes out to Bossbill for helping me, Shawn, and Cory in finding what we needed. It's members on this Forum that are willing to help other members out, like Bill, that make this a great place to belong. Denny