Author Topic: 67 raised taillight panel with NO lip over trunk - Anyone have one on their car?  (Read 315 times)

Richstang

• View Profile
While chasing the running changes of different taillight panel versions I came across this oddity.
At first I suspected it might be a reproduction. However, those typically have a lip over the trunk which help reduce the warping and improves the seal.

So the question for anyone reading this is...Does your car have this raised panel with NO lip?
If so what is the Shelby VIN number? I'd like to track the build dates of it, if it is a production piece from LAX.

roddster

• View Profile
  Just defining the request:  You mean that the tail light mounting area is raised slightly, and then with no sealing lip along the trunk opening  metal.  I think.

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • FRIENDS OF THE HAWK
  Just defining the request:  You mean that the tail light mounting area is raised slightly, and then with no sealing lip along the trunk opening  metal.  I think.

See Arrow.  The Fiberglass Tail Light Panel top edge looks to be about 1/2 Inch wide and does not over lap onto the Factory Tail Light panel.  The Trunk Weather Striping doe not touch it.

Richstang

• View Profile
Yes this is a raised taillight area which is seen on the mid-year to the end of production cars adding much needed trunk space.
Typically these have the lip over the top of the metal trunk area with a notch around the metal bump stops.

1967 eight barrel

• View Profile
I have the flat panel with no overlapping lip. Not easy to get a seal on this type of panel to the body.

-Keith
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
"If It's Not Boeing, I'm Not Going!"