News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 #250 - Mecum Portland

Started by Hockeylife, June 23, 2019, 11:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obviously not originally a 427,but was it originally red?(my registry is several thousand miles away)

Greg

Quote from: 557 on June 23, 2019, 12:56:38 PM
Obviously not originally a 427,but was it originally red?(my registry is several thousand miles away)

It was Lime Gold
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

NC TRACKRAT

Stalled at $120K.    ???
p.s.:  I thought the red/white '64 Fairlane 500 K-Code was well bought at mid-$50K.
p.p.s.: ...and the Boss 429 stalled at $250K ???
5S071, 6S1467

sfm5s081

So it was a 428 and now it's a 427 side Oiler with a color change?

Well it's a pretty (modified) car which doesn't do wonders for its collector value.Sure would be a fun driver though IMHO..Though I bet (with those colors)it would draw tickets like flypaper.. ;D

gt350hr

Waaaay too many under hood stickers and incorrectly applied.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

tesgt350

It that the original Tail Light Panel or a Preproduction?  The Tail Lights tilt down, the top of the Panel droops on the Drivers side only under the Deck Lid area between the White Stripe and Quarter Extension  and then it rises only under the Passengers side Quarter Extension.

I just Binged "1967 Shelby back end" and got a lot of Photos of the Back end of 67 Shelby's.  It seems that about half had Tilting Down Tail Light and half had Tail Lights that are Level. 

Quote from: gt350hr on June 24, 2019, 10:28:29 AM
  Waaaay too many under hood stickers and incorrectly applied.

Even after logging in, I can't see any under the hood pictures.

Richstang

Quote from: tesgt350 on June 24, 2019, 10:39:19 AM
It that the original Tail Light Panel or a Preproduction?  The Tail Lights tilt down, the top of the Panel droops on the Drivers side only under the Deck Lid area between the White Stripe and Quarter Extension  and then it rises only under the Passengers side Quarter Extension.

I just Binged "1967 Shelby back end" and got a lot of Photos of the Back end of 67 Shelby's.  It seems that about half had Tilting Down Tail Light and half had Tail Lights that are Level.

The car has the wrong 'raised' taillight panel for its completion date at Shelby American on 1/4/67. (raised panel; taillights pointing downward slightly on the outer ends)
It should have the flat taillight panel for a car completed that early. (flat panel; top edge is level across both side lights and actually horizontal)

I've always assumed this is an owner change during restoration, but lately, I wonder if this might have been done at as service replacement to fix the exhaust fumes issue that many customers complained about on the early cars. Would be nice to see the inner trunk brackets to see if they changed too...giving more space for the spare tire.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar