News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1965 Shelby Cobra on eBay

Started by CSX 4133, January 07, 2019, 10:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

SCJSTU

here is one off the net same color combo.....parchment interior looks good..........
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

terlingua11

What's the hold up on the car. IE why has it been sitting around?
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Bigfoot

Neat piece. Anyone look it up in Registry?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

Legit, from what I recall years ago. STeve B contacted me, I suggested that @ this price point any serious buyer get in their "jet" and take a look. A bit strong starting # will equal little to no bidding on that platform. BAT might be a better choice with a lower reserve.

Mike

69mach351w

Quote from: acman63 on January 08, 2019, 11:35:35 AM
Its amazing that people are still paranoid about showing serial numbers.   Like this forum couldnt figure it out in maybe 15 minutes anway
LOL,  Yep!!

69mach351w

Quote from: CharlesTurner on January 08, 2019, 01:47:12 PM
Quote from: Bigfoot on January 08, 2019, 12:11:05 PM
What color green originally?
Brit racing?

There's an AC invoice document in the auction pics that shows 'Vineyard Green'
It goes on to say "V. Green/Beige?  So did the owner change the interior too from Beige to black?  Must've been years ago.

terlingua11

SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Bill

Quote from: 69mach351w on June 21, 2019, 09:15:07 AM
Quote from: CharlesTurner on January 08, 2019, 01:47:12 PM
Quote from: Bigfoot on January 08, 2019, 12:11:05 PM
What color green originally?
Brit racing?

There's an AC invoice document in the auction pics that shows 'Vineyard Green'
It goes on to say "V. Green/Beige?  So did the owner change the interior too from Beige to black?  Must've been years ago.

Yes, having seen the car 15+ years ago, you could see the original color in some of the age cracks and seat creases....today, I can imagine they are still there. Car has been stored, but not prepped for that storage period.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

cob4ra

What cost would anyone estimate to totally restore it back to day one??
1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz 1680 ( previously 6s1842;6s1818)                                                  2000 Saleen S281 Speedster.                              Previously two sunbeam tigers and have owned 24 mustangs ; 4 Mercury Cyclones and one 1960 Fiat 600!

Coralsnake

Thats kind of asking like how much a house costs....there are a lot of variables and choices to be made during any restoration

Dan Case

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 22, 2019, 07:45:35 AM
Thats kind of asking like how much a house costs....there are a lot of variables and choices to be made during any restoration

+1 Really depends of what one considers restoration. To some it might be use what is easily available, reuse little of the small mechanical and electrical components, nice looking soft trim, and great outer body presentation. Or the other extreme go after every original component you can find (many have to be harvested from other Cobras), go to England and hunt down leather and carpet as close as you can get, and while you are at it make not only every part engineering design and revision level "correct" but dated appropriate to the car. There is a couple of hundred thousand dollars or more difference and several years elasped time difference between the extremes. It is really easy to spend $50,000 plus or minus rounding up missing parts over several years. I have seen cars done both ways sitting side by side. Casual observers almost never distinguish between low effort and high effort jobs if the two cars look good ten feet away. Many people would not distinguish a well done replicar and a top tier recommisson to original configuration of a nice original car. It is an individual owner definition and preference situation.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Survivor is a strange term to use for a car with exterior AND interior color change IMHO..That being said I do love it very much....unfortunately way out of my league (price wise)