Author Topic: Arning drop questions.  (Read 4225 times)

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Arning drop questions.
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 04:05:04 PM »
I also  would drop all cars that are going to be driven . I have done many thru the years and it makes a big difference in the feel of the car .

We maybe should do a thread about suspension/ steering mods that are easy to do and didn't affect the originality to much. I like upgrades like roller bearing control arms etc. yes not concours but also not a heidt front end ;-)

The drop is easy to do. It is also very effective. There are other things that CAN be done with it as well to make it more effective, but those are optional.

The only caution would be if you wanted to seriously compete in Concourse. Then leave it alone. Otherwise if you are so much of a nerd that you are afraid of this modification, some kind of public humilation, then stick to playing your video games and collecting Match Box miniatures. Maybe kool designer sneakers too? Those can't hurt you. What are you even doing with a real car to begin with anyway?  ;)

I agree, the difference was big and noticeable in the first 100 feet.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 10:20:13 AM »
I have the Arning with the TMC coils. If memory serves me correctly TMC in the 90's offered just the 520 spring and the same one 65-70.  I just bought a pair of the Global West 640 coils and their 1" poly spacer. The car set for years on the suspension. I thought perhaps the springs became soft because of this.
I am looking at the Baer tracker bump steer correction kit. I know one person here is using one with a similiar set up.

Anyone else find this necessary?
                                                     -Keith

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »
I have the Arning with the TMC coils. If memory serves me correctly TMC in the 90's offered just the 520 spring and the same one 65-70.  I just bought a pair of the Global West 640 coils and their 1" poly spacer. The car set for years on the suspension. I thought perhaps the springs became soft because of this.
I am looking at the Baer tracker bump steer correction kit. I know one person here is using one with a similiar set up.

Anyone else find this necessary?
                                                     -Keith

I have a "bump steer" corrector kit in the car. I'm told by others that the amount of bumpsteer induced by the lowering varies.

In my case, I thought it was pretty severe and your question reminded me of that and how the "corrector" kit just made that a bad memory of the past.

Yes to answer your question. I would classify the "corrector" kit as necessary. Others might not even notice the bump steer. I would wonder though if those individuals would know the difference between the speedometer and the tachometer? Just sayin.   ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!